Discuss Tomb Raider

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

I just hope it isn't a watered down PG-13.

Previous pageNext pageLast page

Characters go thru incarnations as time passes. Happens all the time. Sometimes fans dont mind, sometimes they do. As for this current Croft I dont really mind. But after saying that, this film seems like its going to be a by the numbers action adventure film. I dotn really know how the public will take it. Could go Wonder Woman big or flop like other female lead films in the past. Time will tell.

@Gus Gorman said:

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

I just hope it isn't a watered down PG-13.

Haha there is no way in hell this is going to be R. Thats just not going to happen, not in this market. Not to mention the other TR films are PG13.

@OddRob said:

@Gus Gorman said:

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

I just hope it isn't a watered down PG-13.

Have you played the most recent games? They are violent and if this film tones down the violence it will have failed.

@Gus Gorman said:

@OddRob said:

@Gus Gorman said:

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

I just hope it isn't a watered down PG-13.

There are countless examples of the source material being violent and filled with sex. But than the film is watered down for the purpose of trying to get as many people to the cinema as possible. Happens almost every time. This looks like it will be no different. And if it is, Id be very surprised!

@Gus Gorman said:

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

I just hope it isn't a watered down PG-13.

Seriously hope you're trolling because last time I played TR, Lara wasn't a 14 y.o. boy.

Angelina Jolie is the first, and the best Tomb Raider ever!

@M. LeMarchand said:

@revengine said:

Thanks for proving my point. I was going to look around for some comparison pics myself but decided nah that would be foolish and a complete waste of time, only a dumbass would do that.

It's been decades, but isn't Tomb Raider the puzzle video game where you control a well endowed brunette?

I don't see what's cinematic about that...

@Renovatio said:

I don't see what's cinematic about that...

Yep.

@PhelpsFan said:

@Gus Gorman :sunglasses: When it comes to Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, I'm an Old School Angelina Jolie fan.

I'm with you. I'm not huge Jolie fan, but do love her in the Tomb Raider movies.

Why do they keep producing remakes. Apart from the fact that the Tomb Raider movies are not that old.

@ausfem :sunglasses: I'm beginning to think that it's because Hollywood is lazy. I love a good action/superhero movie as much as the next woman (I didn't wait 5 hours to get into see Black Panther just for the hell of it). But I guess Hollywood feels that the public is too stupid to notice that they're making the same movies over and over again.

It looks like it will be entertaining at least. I think this will be this year's ghost in the shell. It should at least be able to score in the 60s on rotten tomoatoes. I liked the ghost in the shell remake as a mindless action film but I can't really deny that the original anime is much better. I'm sure I will feel this way about Tomb Raider. It will be entertaining but obviously not as good as some of the original games. I also liked the Angelina Jolie films as mindless action films.

@J:I saw the trailer when I went to see Black Panther. It seemed like an almost word for word remake of the classic Angelina Jolie first movie. I noticed they made a point of mentioning that Alicia Vilkander was an Academy Award Winner. Angelina Jolie won her Oscar right before HER Tomb Raider movie as well.

I liked Ghost In The Shell. As you said, it wasn't as good as the anime, but it was pretty good!

@OddRob said:

@Gus Gorman said:

@OddRob said:

@Gus Gorman said:

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

I just hope it isn't a watered down PG-13.

You were right.