Discuss Tomb Raider

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

I just hope it isn't a watered down PG-13.

43 replies (on page 1 of 3)

Jump to last post

Next pageLast page

Trailer gave away the entire movie.

@lamensterms said:

Trailer gave away the entire movie.

Don't they all these days?

@Gus Gorman said:

I just hope it isn't a watered down PG-13.

You've got two hopes. Unfortunately Bob died in 2003.

@lamensterms said:

Trailer gave away the entire movie.

I didn't feel that (for once). I was grateful that they didn't feel the need to show us highlights from the trailer before the trailer, though.

@Gus Gorman said:

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

I just hope it isn't a watered down PG-13.

She looks anorexic in the trailer.

@Damienracer said:

@Gus Gorman said:

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

I just hope it isn't a watered down PG-13.

She looks anorexic in the trailer.

Body shaming is not cool, dude.

@Gus Gorman :sunglasses: When it comes to Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, I'm an Old School Angelina Jolie fan.

@Gus Gorman said:

@Damienracer said:

@Gus Gorman said:

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

I just hope it isn't a watered down PG-13.

She looks anorexic in the trailer.

Body shaming is not cool, dude.

I'm sure she'll survive being "body shamed" by an obscure user on some random film site, and come on.... Does that child really look like Lara Croft to you?

@Damienracer said:

@Gus Gorman said:

@Damienracer said:

@Gus Gorman said:

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

I just hope it isn't a watered down PG-13.

She looks anorexic in the trailer.

Body shaming is not cool, dude.

I'm sure she'll survive being "body shamed" by an obscure user on some random film site, and come on.... Does that child really look like Lara Croft to you?

Well, maybe she will get a bit rounder and fuller in the sequels (if film succeeds, it will get almost certain sequels!).

@Data20112018 said:

@Damienracer said:

@Gus Gorman said:

@Damienracer said:

@Gus Gorman said:

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

I just hope it isn't a watered down PG-13.

She looks anorexic in the trailer.

Body shaming is not cool, dude.

I'm sure she'll survive being "body shamed" by an obscure user on some random film site, and come on.... Does that child really look like Lara Croft to you?

Well, maybe she will get a bit rounder and fuller in the sequels (if film succeeds, it will get almost certain sequels!).

She looked like a skeletal toddler she looked so ill.

Looks good! Vikander is a good actress and should make for a good Lara.

They've got an interesting Into The Badlands reunion going on too.

@Gus Gorman said:

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

I just hope it isn't a watered down PG-13.

Being "faithful" in this case means putting a game into narrative format, despite these two formats being irreconcialable . Not a particularly sly move, if this is the route the producers are going.

Well, maybe she will get a bit rounder and fuller in the sequels (if film succeeds, it will get almost certain sequels!).

Provided Fassbender knocks her up between now and these sequels. Magneto sires a child with Lara Croft,,, Sounds like we'll have another incarnation of Scarlet Witch on our hands soon

@Gus Gorman said:

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

With the main protagonist being a shredded flat crossfit fanatic rather than a buxom soft beauty? Yeah, no.

@Pitt78 said:

@Gus Gorman said:

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

With the main protagonist being a shredded flat crossfit fanatic rather than a buxom soft beauty? Yeah, no.

Anticipate the enthusiasts for this franchise being divided along these very lines; T&A vs waifish

@mechajutaro said:

@Pitt78 said:

@Gus Gorman said:

This COULD be the most faithful videogame adaptation ever!

With the main protagonist being a shredded flat crossfit fanatic rather than a buxom soft beauty? Yeah, no.

Anticipate the enthusiasts for this franchise being divided along these very lines; T&A vs waifish

Well I realize the changed the model of LC with ROTTR to be more "inclusive" or something, but let's be honest the entire series selling point was a busty/curvy protagonist. Doesn't mean the movie will be bad.