The production countries field should be used to list the producing countries. They are the countries associated with the movie's production companies.
While they are often the same, the main goal of the field is not to list the countries where the movie was filmed.
No "Funded By" countries.
Types of companies
The "Production Companies" field should only be used for the production companies. No distributors.
Only proper production companies. No "Funded by" credits (e.g. Canadian provincial tax credit).
The name should always be in Roman script. Adding the original, non-Roman name to the alternative name field will make them easier to find.
The type of company (LLC, Inc., Ltd./Limited, GmbH, S.A., Pvt. Ltd., Pty Ltd, ...) shouldn't be in the company name. The full name can also be added as an alternative.
As a general rule, a new company page should be created for:
Any newly founded film production companies, including brand new companies, new subsidiaries and new companies created following a merger.
- Exclusive Media (parent) + Spitfire Pictures, Newmarket Films, Hammer Film Productions (substiaries)
- Stone Television, Stone Stanley Entertainment, Stone and Company Entertainment
- La Petite Reine, La Petite Reine Production
Companies with headquarters in multiple countries that produce international content.
A significant name rebranding.
- Studio 37 → Orange Studio
- Firefly Film and Television Productions → Dragonfly Film and Television Productions
- Yellow Bird Pictures → Lucky Bird Pictures
A new country, including a relocation to a different country and a country who has changed over time due to new geo-political divisions.