The Movie Database Support

Some compressed images have inverted colours for some reason: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/408543-une-vie/images/backdrops

This is the first case I've come across it so it may be isolated.

54 replies (on page 1 of 4)

Jump to last post

Next pageLast page

Heh, that's an odd one. :spy: I'll take a look and see. We might just need to re-save the original assets.

Also, the poster for this show: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/71577-the-legend-of-monkey

The original size image shows OK for me, but the bestv2 sizes seem corrupt/inverted.

https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w600_and_h900_bestv2/ezgaWZtDeXjWqY8De7zdCPzHRXE.jpg

I just pushed the fix for this for all newly created assets. Ie:

https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w640_and_h960_bestv2/ezgaWZtDeXjWqY8De7zdCPzHRXE.jpg

The reason this was happening was because these images are CMYK and there was no RGB conversion happening.

I'll look at purging the assets from our cache on Monday. Ran out of time right now, but I'll get the ones mentioned here re-generated. If you see any more mention them and I'll have them purged as well.

FYI: the assets mentioned here have been fixed. I'm going to close this discussion, if you see any more let me know and I can remove them.

@travisbell wrote:

I'm going to close this discussion, if you see any more let me know and I can remove them.

Do these 2 Russian posters show the same error that was discussed above? :thinking:

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/67116-lethal-weapon/season/1/images/posters?image_language=ru
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/67116-lethal-weapon/images/posters?image_language=ru

When I click on them, they look okay. It's only coloury in this view ... :sparkles:

Yup, fixed. :thumbsup_tone2:

Travis, is this backdrop another example:

https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/jcCVu9A4SOn9Y3ZI3pbYNSaUSlP.jpg

Paszt uploaded it here:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/339967-colossal/images/backdrops

and someone else uploaded the same motif, cropped differently:

https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/mCU1QXhf1EhBZLMwZCfVwUPojfe.jpg

@janar72 said:

Travis, is this backdrop another example:

https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/jcCVu9A4SOn9Y3ZI3pbYNSaUSlP.jpg

Paszt uploaded it here:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/339967-colossal/images/backdrops

and someone else uploaded the same motif, cropped differently:

https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/mCU1QXhf1EhBZLMwZCfVwUPojfe.jpg

That image isn't corrupt. It came from an early version of the website.

@Paszt wrote:

That image isn't corrupt. It came from an early version of the website.

I don't understand what you mean?!? Do you mean it's an image from the original movie website, like a production still? Or is it a still from the actual film? :thinking:

I think what @Paszt meant was that image was an image he got from the original movie's website, ya. It might not be there anymore but it was when he grabbed it. There's some other coloured assets on http://sheiscolossal.com so it was probably on there once upon a time.

@travisbell wrote:

I think what @Paszt meant was that image was an image he got from the original movie's website, ya. It might not be there anymore but it was when he grabbed it. There's some other coloured assets on http://sheiscolossal.com so it was probably on there once upon a time.

Ah, you both mean the background images on their website - like this one:

http://sheiscolossal.com/assets/img/section-bg-1-2.jpg

Now I get it. :smiley_cat:

Please, delete two images:
https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/3sUmGQPeIDR5368u43nXNMMp8tc.jpg - this is replaced by a correct one; https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w220_and_h330_bestv2/m959Kby43txDR0hcOtHksNqpYEE.jpg - this one is duplicate of the above mentioned, but placed as 'No Language' that is wrong.

Global

s focus the search bar
p open profile menu
esc close an open window
? open keyboard shortcut window

On media pages

b go back (or to parent when applicable)
e go to edit page

On TV season pages

ā†’ (right arrow) go to next season
ā† (left arrow) go to previous season

On TV episode pages

ā†’ (right arrow) go to next episode
ā† (left arrow) go to previous episode

On all image pages

a open add image window

On all edit pages

t open translation selector
ctrl+ s submit form

On discussion pages

n create new discussion
w toggle watching status
p toggle public/private
c toggle close/open
a open activity
r reply to discussion
l go to last reply
ctrl+ enter submit your message
ā†’ (right arrow) next page
ā† (left arrow) previous page