Discussões sobre Pantera Negra

Another record breaker, another major milestone for BP in it's 8th weekend after release :clap_tone3: :clap_tone2: Although we saw this slowly approaching a week ago, it is indeed a great achievement for a movie Hollywood never expected it to make it past 1 weekend at the top of the box office let alone making more than $1.2 billion at the box office!!!

BP has now earned $665.4 million at the domestic box office beating Titanic's $659 million domestic total to become the 3rd highest grossing film in US history. Wow!!! :fireworks: BP now sits only behind Avatar ($760 million) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($937 million).

This is indeed a great achievement beyond the wildest expectation of any Hollywood prediction in every way.

Job well done to the genius director, the superb cast and producers of this ground breaking movie :clap_tone3: :sparkler: :raised_hands_tone4:

WAKANDA FOREVER :no_good_tone3: :no_good_tone3:

(http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/08/media/black-panther-titanic-box-office/index.html)

10 respostas (na página 1 de 1)

Jump to last post

I think you are exaggerating Hollywood's take on BP's performance for the first few weeks. Prior to the official release Hollywood was predicting better than average OW as well as WW performance. Sure no one expected BP to make $1.2 Billion right out of the gate but Hollywood analysts quickly caught up.

It is interesting that the BP board here has remained very quiet post the release of BP. BP is still doing $1 Million daily on box office but the conversation has died down tremendously. Chadwick Boseman did SNL last night and not a peep from anyone here.

@rgreen7313 said:

I think you are exaggerating Hollywood's take on BP's performance for the first few weeks. Prior to the official release Hollywood was >predicting better than average OW as well as WW performance. Sure no one expected BP to make $1.2 Billion right out of the gate but >Hollywood analysts quickly caught up.

Nope, I don't think I am exaggerating at all about Hollywood's take on BP's performance. From all the articles I'd been reading since even before BP's release, the expectations were good (average at best) but the shock hit hard when BP hit the theatres running. Yes, they quickly caught up but were still skeptical about how it will perform overseas. Mind you, most of them were not sure BP was going to do well in China at all or even make close to what it did when it opened there. There were very worried about the all black cast being an issue until the world proved them wrong.

It is interesting that the BP board here has remained very quiet post the release of BP. BP is still doing $1 Million daily on box office but the >conversation has died down tremendously. Chadwick Boseman did SNL last night and not a peep from anyone here.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The traffic on here was much higher before and during the first week of it's release but once BP catapulted to heights even The Avengers could never reach, all the naysayers disappeared into the bushes. Their disappointment with BP excellent performance correlates well with my narrative that a lot never expected BP to have done well let alone 'this well'. It speaks volumes as to how much shock BP's success has had on a lot of people. Had BP done poorly, one would never have had enough time in the day to read all the negative posts that would have been made on this board.

I watched Chadwick's performance on SNL last night and he was brilliant. Maybe we are just on the wrong board because a lot of people were discussing it on twitter, face-book and elsewhere. He now has that honor of being the actor of the biggest solo superhero movie of all time, belonging in a billion dollar movie club, and being in the 3rd highest grossing movie in US history. THAT IS HUGE.

WAKANDA FORVER :no_good_tone3: :no_good_tone3:

@rgreen7313 said:

I think you are exaggerating Hollywood's take on BP's performance for the first few weeks. Prior to the official release Hollywood was predicting better than average OW as well as WW performance. Sure no one expected BP to make $1.2 Billion right out of the gate but Hollywood analysts quickly caught up.

It is interesting that the BP board here has remained very quiet post the release of BP. BP is still doing $1 Million daily on box office but the conversation has died down tremendously. Chadwick Boseman did SNL last night and not a peep from anyone here.

Because a Marvel movie blowing up the box office as usual is commonplace what's there to discuss or talk about.

@nchi9 said:

BP has now earned $665.4 million at the domestic box office beating Titanic's $659 million domestic total to become the 3rd highest grossing film in US history. Wow!!! :fireworks: BP now sits only behind Avatar ($760 million) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($937 million).

But Why? It was an OK movie, but it wasn't that great.

Yelling, Fighting, someone going against the rules/family/company/country, explosions, yelling, fighting, explosions, fancy gadgets that get destroyed, explosions, explosions...

all of these movies are the same crap. :)

@tlm550 said:

@nchi9 said:

BP has now earned $665.4 million at the domestic box office beating Titanic's $659 million domestic total to become the 3rd highest grossing film in US history. Wow!!! :fireworks: BP now sits only behind Avatar ($760 million) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($937 million).

But Why? It was an OK movie, but it wasn't that great.

Yelling, Fighting, someone going against the rules/family/company/country, explosions, yelling, fighting, explosions, fancy gadgets that get destroyed, explosions, explosions...

all of these movies are the same crap. :)

Autism?

@Damienracer said:

@tlm550 said:

@nchi9 said:

BP has now earned $665.4 million at the domestic box office beating Titanic's $659 million domestic total to become the 3rd highest grossing film in US history. Wow!!! :fireworks: BP now sits only behind Avatar ($760 million) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($937 million).

But Why? It was an OK movie, but it wasn't that great.

Yelling, Fighting, someone going against the rules/family/company/country, explosions, yelling, fighting, explosions, fancy gadgets that get destroyed, explosions, explosions...

all of these movies are the same crap. :)

Autism?

No, just someone who likes GOOD movies.

@tlm550 said:

@Damienracer said:

@tlm550 said:

@nchi9 said:

BP has now earned $665.4 million at the domestic box office beating Titanic's $659 million domestic total to become the 3rd highest grossing film in US history. Wow!!! :fireworks: BP now sits only behind Avatar ($760 million) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($937 million).

But Why? It was an OK movie, but it wasn't that great.

Yelling, Fighting, someone going against the rules/family/company/country, explosions, yelling, fighting, explosions, fancy gadgets that get destroyed, explosions, explosions...

all of these movies are the same crap. :)

Autism?

No, just someone who likes GOOD movies.

And still autistic and what's with the month long delayed ultimately dull reply?

@tlm550 said:

@Damienracer said:

@tlm550 said:

@nchi9 said:

BP has now earned $665.4 million at the domestic box office beating Titanic's $659 million domestic total to become the 3rd highest grossing film in US history. Wow!!! :fireworks: BP now sits only behind Avatar ($760 million) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($937 million).

But Why? It was an OK movie, but it wasn't that great.

Yelling, Fighting, someone going against the rules/family/company/country, explosions, yelling, fighting, explosions, fancy gadgets that get destroyed, explosions, explosions...

all of these movies are the same crap. :)

Autism?

No, just someone who likes GOOD movies.

Okay, WTF with the Autism? Seriously? I thought this was a discussion forum. And this movie never claimed to be anything other than an action/adventure movie. It delivered on what was promised. In a sense, you are actually praising this movie for what it set out to do. It's entertainment mixed with a genre of Afro-Futurism. If you didn't get why it wasn't important, that's because the movie wasn't speaking to you personally. I don't expect Coco or Moana to be inspirational for you, not the same way it is for people of those cultures. It's an alternate narrative that doesn't have leading white male role as its hero.

Is that inflation-adjusted? If not, GTFO. This movie was unwatchable.

No one is talking about it cause no one gives a flying p.hu.c!...well, except the Mickey Mouse ball fondlin' OP! :laughing:

Titanic will always be much more cherished, more memorable, and the epitome of fimmaking at its finest then BP will ever be! End of discussion!

Global

s focar na barra de pesquisa
p abrir menu do perfil
esc Fechar uma janela aberta
? abrir janela de atalhos do teclado

Em páginas de mídia

b go back (or to parent when applicable)
e Ir para a página de edição

Em páginas de temporada de séries

(seta para a direita) vai para a próxima temporada
(seta para a esquerda) vai para a temporada anterior

Em páginas de episódio de séries

(seta para a direita) vai para o próximo episódio
(seta para a esquerda) vai para o episódio anterior

Em todas as páginas de imagens

a abrir janela para adicionar imagem

Em todas as páginas de edição

t abrir seletor de tradução
ctrl+ s enviar

Em páginas de discussão

n criar nova discussão
w alternar o status de exibição
p alternar público/privado
c alternar fechado/aberto
a abrir atividade
r responder a discussão
l Ir para última resposta
ctrl+ enter envie sua mensagem
(seta para a direita) próxima página
(seta para a esquerda) página anterior