So..... not the most straightforward of plots - here's what I took from it on first viewing, clarifications welcome as I'm quite sure I misunderstood/ misinterpreted some of it.
- Cristi was already a bent cop, somehow working for Zvolt, keeping him one step ahead of police etc., and meeting him in a dodgy motel (suspiciously newly acquired) where there's Opera playing
- When he meets Gilda in Bucharest, that's (maybe?) the first time those two meet, and he becomes enamoured with her after her little show for the surveillance teams
- Gilda and Zvolt planned to steal money from the main mob boss, Paco, so Gilda tips off the police about Paco's operation so the main boss is arrested/ taken down by police rather than chasing them to get his money back (?)
- Zvolt already has the money, stashed away in two mattresses, but he's the only one who knows where they are
- When Magda decides to plant evidence to arrest Zolt, that scuppers their plan. Unaware that he was being betrayed, the main mob guy uses Gilda to hire Cristi to escape Zvolt so he can retrieve his money.
- Cristi lets slip that it was a woman who tipped off the police, so main mob guy learns of their plan and decides to kill both Zvolt and Gilda, but first he still needs Zvolt out of police custody to recover the money.
- Cristi's mum discovers his crazy stash of money, donates it to the church which puts it in a bank and leads to an investigation against Cristi, so Magda realises he's bent and pressures him.
- Cristi agrees to a deal with Magda that lets him, Zvolt and Gilda free in exchange for ten million euros (?) and Zvolt sets up the bad guys by leading them to a fake location where they can be arrested
- Instead, the arrest goes wrong, everyone gets shot, Cristi runs (presumably guessing Magda wasn't going to uphold her part of the deal), he is hit by a car.
- It turns out Zvolt was hiding the money filled mattresses in the dodgy motel all along, and the proprietor is working with him (maybe is his brother who we are originally told killed himself in prison??)
- Gilda cuts another deal with that proprietor - a mattress each in order that they can get away, but Cristi is hit by a car driven by one of the surveillance team and ends up recovering in hospital.
- Later, Gilda returns to rescue him, gets caught by Magda, who she kills, and then arranges to meet Cristi in Singapore Gardens where there's a light show going on.
Is that the gist of it?