Discuter de Spider-Man : New Generation

I'm in my 50s, but I do enjoy the Spider-Man from the 60s, and I like some of the newer Spider-Man movies. This movie "Into the Spider-Verse" was fun and had some really good funny moments. Yet I find it not as great and fantastic as some at work are saying that this movie is to them. I finally had to ask why do you like the movie so much? One response was...if this happened to me, my reaction would be the same as the character in the movie. In other words, it was the way he was able to relate to the character.

I have to say that response hit me pretty good. I can't place myself in being in the same position as the character in that movie, but evidently my co-work could very easily do so. And in doing so, would put that whole story on another level...as if that could really happen to you (him.) I understand, as I remember wanting to place myself in the character's own shoes when I saw "Brewster's Millions" (1985.)

10 réponses (sur la page 1 sur 1)

I think this movie reaches out more to younger people...

The story of a high-school student who acquires the power to crawl walls with his bare hands, exercise superhuman agility, shoot webs out of his wrists, then opts to bomb around New York in a costume too flamboyant for inclusion in the annual Pride Parade is also a yarn which has more appeal to children and teens than it does grown adults, Barn?!! Put us through to CNN, FOX, MSNBC, Al Jazeera, etc. A revelation on par with "Are we alone in the universe?" hath just skyrocketed down the pipeline, yet most of the planet seems to be unaware

@mechajutaro said:

I think this movie reaches out more to younger people...

You keep mentioning and denigrating people by ages on their viewing habits while posting YouTube garbage. Oh and how's Umar Johnson doing? The big King Kong mutha or what was it you said? How about you let children, teens and adults watch Marvel without judging them, while you stick to watching low IQ ghetto thugs wax lyrical about busting a cap in someone's dome, homie.. U get me though.

@mechajutaro said:

I think this movie reaches out more to younger people...

As you observed, Barn; ITSV and it's ilk appeal primarily to younger(intellectually and psychologically, if not physically)viewers. Though D has a point, I shouldn't be so snarky. Not when he's covering both his own and my admission whenever The Darkness, 100 Bullets, The Dead, or Wolf Moon receive their respective cinematic adaptations. Add the inevitable Toxic Avenger reboot to that list also

For those who really like ITSV; I'd have to add they probably really like Will Smith movies too.

@mechajutaro said:

@mechajutaro said:

I think this movie reaches out more to younger people...

The dead? And you missed bloodshot from the list, naughty you. I'll always endorse new types of comics but you really like the obscure stuff don't you... I mean The Dead? Toxic Avenger? Darkness? The Wolf shit? Wtf are you taking? Has even one issue of any of those whatever the fuck they are been successfully sold digitally or via comic book shop to a single lifeform yet or even ever.

I stand corrected; the title of that series is actually The Damned; like Wolf Moon, also created by the superb Cullen Bunn, the man who brought us Marvel's recent Magneto series. The Darkness is an obscure series, to be sure. So obscure, in fact, that it's been THE flagship of Top Cow publishing, rivaled only by Witchblade, going on to generate not one but two groundbreaking, highly lucrative video games. Hell, you D were so entirely unfamiliar with the exploits of Jackie Estacado, you didn't attempt a lame play at dismissing my sentiments as the work of an "edge lord" several posts ago, after I'd endorsed the book.

@thebarnman said:

I've no objections to The Fresh Prince, so long as he's bringing Margot Robbie along for the ride and choosing her outfits

@mechajutaro said:

I rest my case, he wants to be taken seriously in a conversation about comic books but can't remember when he really needs to... Something so obscure.

The onus is on you to actually know what the fuck you're talking about. I'm not going to search Google for obscure never heard before shit. That's where you come in.

@mechajutaro said:

To my continuing fortune and your eternal detriment, Race, I have a tendency to come crashing feet-first through the skylight on many different occasions. For example, reminding both you and anyone else who might stumble across this thread of what I actually wrote in that comment that you barely quoted. Note, fellow TMDBers, he cut and pasted HALF of the very first sentence in the post he's now misquoting. Here's the rest, everything that followed the words "Wolf Moon", which the aptly named Damien omitted:

"......also created by the superb Cullen Bunn, the man who brought us Marvel's recent Magneto series. The Darkness is an obscure series, to be sure. So obscure, in fact, that it's been THE flagship of Top Cow publishing, rivaled only by Witchblade, going on to generate not one but two groundbreaking, highly lucrative video games. Hell, you D were so entirely unfamiliar with the exploits of Jackie Estacado, you didn't attempt a lame play at dismissing my sentiments as the work of an "edge lord" several posts ago, after I'd endorsed the book.

Point well taken though; Disney, 20th Century Fox, Warner Brothers, and New Line have enlightened us all regarding the pipe-dream that is taking a gamble on properties that aren't white bread, being delusional enough to think that audiences might actually appreciate cuisine laced with something other than superheroes being added to the menu. Dismal box office for movies like Guardians of the Galaxy, DeadPool, the first coupla Blade films, and even Suicide Squad obliterated all remaining doubts once and for all: filmgoers have no appetite for anything except the 3-4 cape and tights wearing superheroes who have adorned lunch boxes across the globe for decades now. Were this not the case, the Mouse House might've actually forked over funds sufficient enough to feed subequatorial Africa several times over onto a movie about some broad named Captain Marvel, then raised the stakes by casting an avant garde actress in the lead"

In any event, I've no desire to be taken seriously in a chat about COMIC BOOKS of all subjects, especially when my sparring partner seems to have appointed himself Tucker Carlson to Marvel's White House. equally fervid when defending the slightest transgression-real or perceived-against the object of his obsequiousness. Pray, for both of your sakes, that ol' Tuck is receiving a check from The Donald and you from Disney, D, for neither of you can rightly be accused of disloyalty

@mechajutaro said:

@thebarnman said:

Now that I do like!

Général

s mettre le curseur dans la barre de recherche
p ouvrir le menu du profile
esc fermer une fenêtre ouverte
? ouvrir la fenêtre des raccourcis clavier

Sur les pages de médias

b retour (ou vers la parent si possible)
e aller à la page de modification

Sur les pages de saisons TV

(flêche droite) aller à la saison suivante
(flêche gauche) aller à la saison précédente

Sur les pages d'épisodes TV

(flêche droite) aller à l'épisode suivant
(flêche gauche) aller à l'épisode précédent

Sur les pages d'images

a ouvrir la fenêtre d'ajout d'image

Sur les pages de modification

t ouvrir le sélecteur de traduction
ctrl+ s envoyer le formulaire

Sur les pages de discussion

n créer une nouvelle discussion
w modifier statut surveillance
p modier publique/privé
c modifier ouvrir/fermer
a ouvrir l'activité
r répondre à la discussion
l aller à la dernière réponse
ctrl+ enter envoyer votre message
(flêche droite) page suivante