This Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
3. Gathering, Use and Disclosure of Non-Personally-Identifying Information
We collect both Non-Personally-Identifying Information and Personally-Identifying Information from you. "Non_Personally_Identifying Information" is information that, without the aid of additional information, cannot be directly associated with a specific person or entity. "Personally–Identifying Information," by contrast, is information such as a name or email address that, without more, can be directly associated with a specific person or entity.
A. Gathering Non-Personally-Identifying Information
- Web Browsers. Like most site operators, we gather Non-Personally-Identifying Information from you of the sort that web browsers, depending on their settings, may make available. That information includes your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, operating system and browser type, and the locations of the web pages you view right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving this Site.
- Web Cookies. A "Web Cookie" is a string of information that a site stores on your computer, and your browser provides to this Site, each time you submit a query to this Site. We may use Web Cookies to track the pages that you visit during each Site session, both to help us improve your experience and to help us understand how this Site is being used.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO HAVE WEB COOKIES PLACED ON YOUR COMPUTER, YOU SHOULD SET YOUR BROWSER TO REFUSE WEB COOKIES BEFORE ACCESSING THIS SITE, WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT CERTAIN FEATURES OF THIS SITE MAY NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY WITHOUT THE AID OF WEB COOKIES. IF YOU REFUSE WEB COOKIES, YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RESULTING LOSS OF FUNCTIONALITY.
- Web Beacons. A "Web Beacon" is an object that is embedded in a web page. It is usually invisible to you but allows site operators to check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email communication. We may place Web Beacons on pages of this Site and in emails we send to you.
You may not decline Web Beacons. However, they may be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
B. Use of Non-Personally-Identifying Information
We analyze Non–Personally–Identifying Information gathered from users of this Site to help us better understand how this Site is being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, we are able to better design this Site to improve your experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. We link information gathered using Non-Personally-Identifying Information to Personally-Identifying Information.
C. Disclosure of Non-Personally-Identifying Information
From time to time, we may also release the Non–Personally–Identifying Information gathered from Site users in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of this Site.
4. Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personally–Identifying Information
As defined above, Personally-Identifying Information is information that can be directly associated with a specific person or entity. We will only collect Personally-Identifying Information that you knowingly submit to us. We will not disclose your Personally-Identifying Information to third parties unless we obtain your permission to do so at the time we collect it, except as set forth below:
A. Collecting Personally-Identifying Information from Site Users
- Registration and Other Information Provided to Us. When you register with this Site, you may be asked to disclose Personally–Identifying Information. You may also choose to submit Personally-Identifying Information to us when you send us an email or use any interactive features and services that we may make available from time to time on this Site.
- Modifying Your Profile. You may modify the information in your user profile at any time by clicking on the "People" tab and then clicking on the "My Account" button on the top right hand side of the page. You will then be directed to your member profile page where you can click on the "About Me" and "Account Details" tabs and modify your information.
- Material You Choose to Reveal in On-line Fora, Blogs, Message Boards, Chat Rooms or Similar Locations. You may post Personally-Identifying Information on areas of this Site that may be viewed by other users or the public, although we recommend that you do not do so. Please note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, including persons who may be acting under false pretenses. Please choose carefully the information you post on this Site and that you give to other Site users. You are discouraged from publicly posting your full name, telephone numbers, street addresses or other information that identifies you or allows strangers to find you or steal your identity. Despite this prohibition, other people’s information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled.
YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH DEALING WITH OTHER USERS WITH WHOM YOU COME IN CONTACT THROUGH THIS SITE. WE EXPECT THAT YOU WILL USE CAUTION AND COMMON SENSE WHEN USING THIS SITE.
B. Use of Personally-Identifying Information
We may use the Personally-Identifiable Information that you submit for any purposes related to our business.
C. Disclosure of Personally-Identifying Information to third parties
As described in Section 4(A) ("Collecting Personally–Identifying Information from Site Users"), users may, at their option, disclose their own Personally-Identifying Information by any means they choose. We will disclose Personally-Identifying Information in the following circumstances:
DMCA Infringement Notifications, Counter Notices, Notices of Violations of Site Terms of Service and Other Communications Directed to Us. By submitting a Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Infringement Notification, Counter Notice or other communication (including communications about content stored on or transmitted through this Site), you consent to have this communication forwarded to the person or entity who stored or transmitted the content addressed by your communications in order to facilitate a prompt resolution. For notices other than DMCA Infringement Notifications and Counter Notices, upon request, we will edit out your name and contact information. However, DMCA Infringement Notifications will be forwarded as submitted to us without any deletions.
- By Law, to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies. We disclose Personally-Identifying information if: (1) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (2) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (3) we believe that you have abused the service by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws.
- Marketing Communications. We may email you about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us, please follow the instructions at the bottom of each email for opting out.
5. Collection and Use of Information by Third Parties