Discuss General Hospital

I don't know who was more thrilled at Monica inviting Nelle to stay at the Quartermaines. Nelle or me?

I definitely know I was more thrilled than Michael seemed to be.

Next pageLast page

I wanna see her pussywhip Mikey into a blubbering mass.

Speaking of missed opportunities, they really didn't make the most of Carly and Nelle being trapped together, especially on an episode that was focused on characters helping or being helped by their enemies, including Molly and Julian, Jason and Franco and Franco and Drew. They could have had a crisis more serious than Nelle having Braxton-Hicks contractions for a couple minutes. Some serious jeopardy would have made it more interesting.

I hope this backfires on Monica. I guess they are changing Monica with Tracy gone. It just doesn’t make sense to me. She fights with Olivia all the time, but she’s okay with Nelle? And she hasn’t talked to Michael about any of this, he’s her grandson. I want her to catch Nelle doing something nefarious, and throw her out. But if this keeps Michael on his toes about Nelle, it works for me. She’s becoming obsessive, and that’s scary. I bet the fiancé wanted to end things with her and she helped him into the water.

@First-Things-First said:

Nelle hates Carly.

Monica hates Carly.

That makes them besties.

As for the Nelle & Michael fighting, Monica went through all that for years with Alan.

Why are you hoping that this backfires on Monica? What was she supposed to do? Nelle's apartment was destroyed in the earthquake, she was homeless, and she is carrying Monica's grandson. Monica has lost a lot of her family through the years. I love the way she has been embracing Nelle, Oscar, and Drew into the Q family. Also, Monica is by far my favorite veteran on the show. Any storylines that involve her are okay with me.

@kathykato said:

I completely agree. I knew where it was going as soon as Nelle told Monica her apartment was destroyed. When Carly finds out, she'll go whining to Monica about how she shouldn't have taken Nelle in. I hope Monica tells Carly off like she always does.

I'm hoping that the whole storyline of Nelle trying to drive Carly crazy with the silly phone calls is dropped. It's unnecessary and petty. There will be enough drama with Nelle living in the Q mansion. I want to root for Nelle, and it will be easier to do if she stops with the petty revenge plots already. I also see opportunities for some comedic scenes between Nelle and Olivia.

@kathykato said:

I'm hoping that the whole storyline of Nelle trying to drive Carly crazy with the silly phone calls is dropped. It's unnecessary and Petty.

It is neither unnecessary nor petty it is purely defensive. Carly has already threatened to sue for sole custody and have the baby taken away from Nelle, and Carly does not make idle threats. Nelle needs to neutralize Carly now before it is too late.

They can soften Monica all they want, but the fact is that Nelle is trying to drive Carly crazy. The reason is Michael. Without Michael, Nelle would probably be on her way to better things. We know this not Monica. But I'm surprised that Monica is picking up on this. She's a doctor, and has intimate knowledge of people with borderline personality disorders. I wonder if she trying love with Nelle since she blew it SO BAD with AJ.

Michael would have provided for Nelle, Monica did not need to butt-in until Michael passed on the opportunity. So yes, I want this to blow up in her face BAD. Then maybe she will get the help Nelle needs, since no one else is even trying to help the girl. Sure, they are giving her what she wants, but as Ophra confirmed what many have thought, what trauma happened to this girl in her youth to make her this way. I think Nelle mistakenly believed that she and Michael were communicating effectively when they were a couple. If they weren't, and she realizes this, she will want to get even.

@KLH0128 said:

@kathykato said:

Let's see how that would go:

Carly: After all Nelle has done, you should have never taken her in to your home.

Monica: I should have never taken YOU into my home!

Who is Ophra? I've totally forgotten any character by that name.

Now that Monica has taken Nelle under her protective wing, there's no need for Nelle to jeopardize her own safety and that of her baby's by pursuing her plot to drive Carly crazy. Monica can handle Carly. I just don't want to see another botched revenge scheme blow up in Nelle's face.

Nelle may be bad news, but what Carly has been doing to her has been much worse. You don't threaten and harass a pregnant woman, especially not one who's carrying your grandchild. Monica understands this. She knows perfectly well that Nelle is trouble, but Carly is worse.

Ophra the billionaire. She reported some data that supports that early childhood trauma can severely impact the individual is not dealt with. I didn't think Nelle would jeapordize her own safety. That's her lifeline to Michael. But she is working for Ava, and believes herself invincible. I agree Carly has forgotten that Nelle is vulnerable. But Nelle is part to blame. Nelle has only done things to help herself lately. And she rarely shows signs of compassion, weakness, and vulnerability. Why would Carly think Nelle is just looking for support when her go to move is always getting even.

@First-Things-First said:

First of all, if you're referring to that Winfrey person, it's Oprah, so please learn to spell. And second of all, I don't think Oprah Winfrey is an authority on anything. She's just another loud-mouthed so-called celebrity that nobody cares about.

Thanks for the spelling lesson. This isn't the first time I've spelled something wrong, and it won't be the last. What's most important is that her research supports what many have said about trauma and kids. Hopefully more questions will be asked about "why" we do what we do. Anyone that brings attention to mental illness should be given a voice,

@KLH0128 said:

Okay, trivia time. Yes, her name is spelled 'Oprah', but this is actually a typo because she was supposed to be named after the woman 'Orpah' in the first chapter of the book of Ruth in the Old Testament, but her mother accidentally spelled the name 'Orpah' wrong and it became 'Oprah.' It is a common error, and since both words are real names, a spell checker won't catch it. So I think you can cut 'First Things' a little slack on this, as even Oprah's mother can't spell her name correctly.