Discuss Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Mac is the director, however they still keep mentioning Fury, I am curious to what his role is, Is Fury Mac's supervisor? Who does Mac answer to? I am curious as to what Fury's role is within SHIELD.

9 replies (on page 1 of 1)

Jump to last post

This show stopped being related to the MCU years ago.

ABC has cancelled shows with better ratings.

@Drew007 said:

Mac is the director, however they still keep mentioning Fury, I am curious to what his role is, Is Fury Mac's supervisor? Who does Mac answer to? I am curious as to what Fury's role is within SHIELD.

S.W.O.R.D.

@TheVorlon said:

ABC has cancelled shows with better ratings.

The injustice that Daredevil had to go while this still trudges on is absurd.

@JustinJackFlash said:

@TheVorlon said:

ABC has cancelled shows with better ratings.

The injustice that Daredevil had to go while this still trudges on is absurd.

There was a big difference. Disney owns ABC, and was able to order the network to keep in on the air. The only reason they are allowed to end now is cause Disney has other plans for S.H.I.E.L.D. through S.W.O.R.D on their streaming network.

@Innovator said:

@JustinJackFlash said:

@TheVorlon said:

ABC has cancelled shows with better ratings.

The injustice that Daredevil had to go while this still trudges on is absurd.

There was a big difference. Disney owns ABC, and was able to order the network to keep in on the air. The only reason they are allowed to end now is cause Disney has other plans for S.H.I.E.L.D. through S.W.O.R.D on their streaming network.

Yeah, I know the whole hoo-haa with Marvel and Netflix. Was just using Daredevil as an example because they're both Marvel and to just generally express the unfairness that great shows do get cancelled yet somehow this soldiers on despite never giving itself much reason to exist.

Freaks and Geeks, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood- all gone. I never really liked Firefly the way other people did but I respect that it's well loved and it shouldn't have got cancelled. But this? I even gave it a good go myself because I heard it "got better". But I was just waiting for Whedon's witty lines to start or the innovative stories to kick in.

And surely it can't have been in Disney's interests to keep it on the air because I can't imagine it being that profitable and it brings down the Marvel brand.

I hope some of the Marvel shows on Disney+ have a bit more passion put into them. It does look like they're treating them more lavishly.

@JustinJackFlash said:

Yeah, I know the whole hoo-haa with Marvel and Netflix. Was just using Daredevil as an example because they're both Marvel and to just generally express the unfairness that great shows do get cancelled yet somehow this soldiers on despite never giving itself much reason to exist.

Freaks and Geeks, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood- all gone. I never really liked Firefly the way other people did but I respect that it's well loved and it shouldn't have got cancelled. But this? I even gave it a good go myself because I heard it "got better". But I was just waiting for Whedon's witty lines to start or the innovative stories to kick in.

And surely it can't have been in Disney's interests to keep it on the air because I can't imagine it being that profitable and it brings down the Marvel brand.

I hope some of the Marvel shows on Disney+ have a bit more passion put into them. It does look like they're treating them more lavishly.

It doesn't actually bring down the brand, and it really does get a lot better. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was important to Disney because it was their only Marvel show (and after Once Upon a Time ended it was their only Disney show) on a major network where they could keep people (not on streaming or cable) informed/interested in the brand during the long gaps between movies and tack on commercials for their movies cheaply. Network branding is so important to Disney that they are already looking to create another Marvel show to replace AoS on ABC after it ends.

@Innovator said:

@JustinJackFlash said:

@TheVorlon said:

ABC has cancelled shows with better ratings.

The injustice that Daredevil had to go while this still trudges on is absurd.

There was a big difference. Disney owns ABC, and was able to order the network to keep in on the air. The only reason they are allowed to end now is cause Disney has other plans for S.H.I.E.L.D. through S.W.O.R.D on their streaming network.

Justin is clueless as usual agents of shield is better than daredevil.

@Innovator said:

@JustinJackFlash said:

Yeah, I know the whole hoo-haa with Marvel and Netflix. Was just using Daredevil as an example because they're both Marvel and to just generally express the unfairness that great shows do get cancelled yet somehow this soldiers on despite never giving itself much reason to exist.

Freaks and Geeks, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood- all gone. I never really liked Firefly the way other people did but I respect that it's well loved and it shouldn't have got cancelled. But this? I even gave it a good go myself because I heard it "got better". But I was just waiting for Whedon's witty lines to start or the innovative stories to kick in.

And surely it can't have been in Disney's interests to keep it on the air because I can't imagine it being that profitable and it brings down the Marvel brand.

I hope some of the Marvel shows on Disney+ have a bit more passion put into them. It does look like they're treating them more lavishly.

It doesn't actually bring down the brand, and it really does get a lot better. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was important to Disney because it was their only Marvel show (and after Once Upon a Time ended it was their only Disney show) on a major network where they could keep people (not on streaming or cable) informed/interested in the brand during the long gaps between movies and tack on commercials for their movies cheaply. Network branding is so important to Disney that they are already looking to create another Marvel show to replace AoS on ABC after it ends.

I never really thought about it like that. That does explain a lot.

@mechajutaro said:

Naaaahhhh... He's stepping aside, so that Nick Cage can take his place

who tf is nick cage NIGGA

Can't find a movie or TV show? Login to create it.

Global

s focus the search bar
p open profile menu
esc close an open window
? open keyboard shortcut window

On media pages

b go back (or to parent when applicable)
e go to edit page

On TV season pages

(right arrow) go to next season
(left arrow) go to previous season

On TV episode pages

(right arrow) go to next episode
(left arrow) go to previous episode

On all image pages

a open add image window

On all edit pages

t open translation selector
ctrl+ s submit form

On discussion pages

n create new discussion
w toggle watching status
p toggle public/private
c toggle close/open
a open activity
r reply to discussion
l go to last reply
ctrl+ enter submit your message
(right arrow) next page
(left arrow) previous page

Want to rate or add this item to a list?

Login