The Movie Database Support

Is anybody else having a problem? I've tried 3 times to use the 'new' system and the only thing that shows up is that stupid EMPTY BOX! Any help would be appreciated.

Also, it seems that the only change is that everything is on one page so what the fark was the reason for the change? Especially considered nothing works correctly.

15 replies (on page 1 of 1)

Jump to last post

I'm not sure what you mean. The emoji drop-down box seems to work fine when you type a colon. :v:

And I believe you can also insert other emojis not on the drop-down list, taken from the Web. 🎅 Just go to emojicopy, select an emoji and hit copy. Then add it to your post w/a ctrl v key press. No typing of colons necessary.

@pt100 said:

I'm not sure what you mean. The emoji drop-down box seems to work fine when you type a colon. :v:

And I believe you can also insert other emojis not on the drop-down list, taken from the Web. 🎅 Just go to [emojicopy](https://www.emojicopy.com/), select an emoji and hit copy. Then add it to your post w/a ctrl v key press. No typing of colons necessary.

PT100, That is where I went. I click the ? (formatting help) button & then click on 'here'. (see below). I can describe it to you if you can tell me what 'emoji' you put after the word Web in your first sentence, All I see is a blank box

"Emoji's Start by typing the : character. You'll see an auto complete dialog appear. Start typing happy or thumbsup and the list will filter. Choose one by hitting the 'enter' key. If you'd like to see all of the ones available click here; there are over 1800 emoji's to choose from!"

After the word "Web" I pasted the "Santa Claus" emoji from that site. I don't know why you see nothing where I pasted it. Maybe there's something wrong w/your browser. What browser are you using?

Fwiw, I see your Santa Claus emoji just fine. I also see it quoted in bratface's reply. bratface needs to check the browser, and maybe clear its cache. Or maybe Travis or one of the mods would know why that is happening to bratface.

I mainly go on to TMDb via Chrome, but now and then via Internet Explorer. Either way, everything with emojis and how to access them, and how their selection lists look, continues to be entirely the same (I just now checked and experimented), and working fully well and normally as always - nothing for me has either lately changed or having any problem issues regarding accessing or perusing or choosing available emojis.

I do like brat quoted of first typing an : , then adding either an alphabet (or two) or a word, to see what the available emoji options are. (I never, ever have done the "?" accessing way you mentioned, brat - solely just the ":" way. That way still works the same now as it did all throughout 2017.)

PS: I, too, see PT's Santa emoji, and brat's quoting of it, entirely fine.

@pt100 said:

After the word "Web" I pasted the "Santa Claus" emoji from that site. I don't know why you see nothing where I pasted it. Maybe there's something wrong w/your browser. What browser are you using?

The weird thing is I see the 'Victory Hand' that you used after the first sentence/paragraph, but not the 🎅 emoji (I inserted the santa emoji here)! My point is WHY CHANGE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T FARKING BROKEN?

I don’t see any change with the emoticons? It all works the same for me since the day it got here probably.

Maybe the santa doesn’t show up because its an Apple emoji. I don’t see those on the Windows pc at my parents either. On Google Chrome.

Then you probably also don’t see the Dutch flag in my username? I don’t see it on that pc either that is. And all these i just insert from my iPhone? 😂🎉🙄🧐👍🙂🤬👌😞❤️😱😓😳😎😉😍😅😟🦋🙊🙈😜🎂😔💪🤗

The peace sign is from either the emoticon lookup here. :snail: :elephant: :deciduous_tree: :shrug:

@alltimemarr said:

I don’t see any change with the emoticons? It all works the same for me since the day it got here probably.

Maybe the santa doesn’t show up because its an Apple emoji. I don’t see those on the Windows pc at my parents either. On Google Chrome.

Then you probably also don’t see the Dutch flag in my username? I don’t see it on that pc either that is.

Marr, Seriously? You are a moderator here and you didn't know that they changed the emoji section? The previous 'emoji' page had the different types of emojis separated/available by DIFFERENT PAGES/ICONS. What I see now is what I pasted below (they have left out the emojis between the categories). This is not what you had a couple of weeks ago!

And for the people asking about my browser, I use Google Chrome. I had no trouble BEFORE THEY SWITCHED TO THIS 'NEW' EMOJI PROGRAM.

"Smileys & People

Animals & Nature

Food & Drink

Activity

Travel & Places

Objects

Symbols

Flags

Why we built EmojiCopy:

We needed a searchable way to simply copy and paste emoji. On Mac OS, the emoji panel closes after just one emoji, limited search. On Windows, emoji keyboard requires too many clicks to reach, no search. On Chrome OS, emoji keyboard requires too many clicks to reach, no search. It takes way too long for them to adopt the newest emoji, if ever. For the love of it! If you like this, you'll really like our other products: Browser Extensions iOS Apps FROM THE DEVELOPERS AT EmojiOne The emoji we display above are from EmojiOne’s signature collection. The emoji displayed in the form input is your default system emoji font, which is how it’ll most likely appear when pasted (depending on the web site). If an emoji appears broken (an empty box or similar) in the input below, it means the emoji is not supported yet by your OS. If you’re on a desktop and prefer our emoji, you can install our Chrome Extension to view EmojiOne everywhere! Please also follow us on Twitter and FB for new product announcements. © EmojiOne Inc. All Rights Reserved."

I'm using google chrome on win 10 and have no problems w/emojis.

Oh but you’re checking out the third party website. We Cannot do anything about it. The emoticon system on tmdb forums itself when typing the colon hasnt changed at all.

Nothing changed here with emoji's.

We don't have anything to do with emojione other than we use use their (older and free v2) emoji set. Unfortunately, if they made some changes to their website that is completely out of our control.

I'm not sure, but I think bratface may be confusing the external emoji site w/this site. They are not related, except that this site contains that link to them. Yes, that other site did change their layout to a single big page, which I actually prefer over the older page system. It's all on one page, but they also include section headers for different classes of emoji.

bratface, have you tried installing/using the emojione Chrome extension? It's at the top of the list on that page.

Here are two emojis (Mrs. Claus and Santa) copied/pasted by using the Chrome extension: 🤶🎅

I note in your earlier post of info taken from that site:

"If an emoji appears broken (an empty box or similar) in the input below, it means the emoji is not supported yet by your OS. If you’re on a desktop and prefer our emoji, you can install our Chrome Extension to view EmojiOne everywhere!"

If you're using the Chrome browser, have you perhaps changed your OS? That might be a problem. Beyond that, I really don't know what else to suggest.

@pt100 said:

I'm not sure, but I think bratface may be confusing the external emoji site w/this site. They are not related, except that this site contains that link to them. Yes, that other site did change their layout to a single big page, which I actually prefer over the older page system. It's all on one page, but they also include section headers for different classes of emoji.

bratface, have you tried installing/using the emojione Chrome extension? It's at the top of the list on that page.

Here are two emojis (Mrs. Claus and Santa) copied/pasted by using the Chrome extension: 🤶🎅

I note in your earlier post of info taken from that site:

"If an emoji appears broken (an empty box or similar) in the input below, it means the emoji is not supported yet by your OS. If you’re on a desktop and prefer our emoji, you can install our Chrome Extension to view EmojiOne everywhere!"

If you're using the Chrome browser, have you perhaps changed your OS? That might be a problem. Beyond that, I really don't know what else to suggest.

Thanks PT, I have always used the ? button at the top of the text box, then from there I hit the here link (see the explanation below). Just using the : doesn't work as well as I would like, you have to start typing in what you think an emoji is and takes more time. The here link used to take you to a page where you could see all the emojis available, which to me is more efficient & quicker. But thanks for your help PT.

"Start by typing the : character. You'll see an auto complete dialog appear. Start typing happy or thumbsup and the list will filter. Choose one by hitting the 'enter' key. If you'd like to see all of the ones available click here; there are over 1800 emoji's to choose from!"


@alltimemarr said:

Maybe the santa doesn’t show up because its an Apple emoji. I don’t see those on the Windows pc at my parents either. On Google Chrome.

Then you probably also don’t see the Dutch flag in my username? I don’t see it on that pc either that is.

I don't mean to prolong this thread, but just thought I'd mention that I'm using Windows and I can see the Santa emoji just fine. (Although I don't see the flag after your handle.)

I believe, unless I'm mistaken, that bratface still has not indicated the OS he's using, or whether he's changed OSs. The OS could be the problem, I suppose, since the site warns about that possibility.

@Moon_Doggie said:

@alltimemarr said:

Maybe the santa doesn’t show up because its an Apple emoji. I don’t see those on the Windows pc at my parents either. On Google Chrome.

Then you probably also don’t see the Dutch flag in my username? I don’t see it on that pc either that is.

I don't mean to prolong this thread, but just thought I'd mention that I'm using Windows and I can see the Santa emoji just fine. (Although I don't see the flag after your handle.)

I believe, unless I'm mistaken, that bratface still has not indicated the OS he's using, or whether he's changed OSs. The OS could be the problem, I suppose, since the site warns about that possibility.

She's using. I still use Vista & my browser is Chrome. But everything was fine until the end of January. I was asking why things have changed.