Discuss Antlers

Do you guys think Hollywood is going to flood the market with all the films they missed out releasing so far? I mean it would be a pretty big boom for the cinemas and the studios. Do you think people are going to be scared to go back to the cinemas? Personally I cant wait to catch up on everything. Dont care if they cut the capacity down, I usually try to go at weird hours anyway so there are less people.

8 replies (on page 1 of 1)

Jump to last post

@OddRob said:

Do you guys think Hollywood is going to flood the market with all the films they missed out releasing so far? I mean it would be a pretty big boom for the cinemas and the studios. Do you think people are going to be scared to go back to the cinemas? Personally I cant wait to catch up on everything. Dont care if they cut the capacity down, I usually try to go at weird hours anyway so there are less people.

Depends on whether or not folks are finally bored of rioting and looting, and now yearn for a different sort of entertainment

It was held as true before that the average american sees 2 - 3 movies per year. After lockdown, some may want to see more, but some will be out of a job and unable to afford it. All in all, I imagine it may balance out. That said, flooding the market doesn't guarantee that your movie will be seen, if the average moviegoer will only see 2 or 3 in an entire year. I don't believe we'll see tons and tons of movies being released. Will AMC even exist, by the time most/all states are completely open and rioting has cooled off?

@Ellison Havelock said:

It was held as true before that the average american sees 2 - 3 movies per year. After lockdown, some may want to see more, but some will be out of a job and unable to afford it. All in all, I imagine it may balance out. That said, flooding the market doesn't guarantee that your movie will be seen, if the average moviegoer will only see 2 or 3 in an entire year. I don't believe we'll see tons and tons of movies being released. Will AMC even exist, by the time most/all states are completely open and rioting has cooled off?

That's what I'm wondering about: this statement by AMC that they have "doubt" they'll be able to stay in business. That's uncool stuff.

@CelluloidFan said:

@Ellison Havelock said:

It was held as true before that the average american sees 2 - 3 movies per year. After lockdown, some may want to see more, but some will be out of a job and unable to afford it. All in all, I imagine it may balance out. That said, flooding the market doesn't guarantee that your movie will be seen, if the average moviegoer will only see 2 or 3 in an entire year. I don't believe we'll see tons and tons of movies being released. Will AMC even exist, by the time most/all states are completely open and rioting has cooled off?

That's what I'm wondering about: this statement by AMC that they have "doubt" they'll be able to stay in business. That's uncool stuff.

Damn guys, stop depressing me.

I'll be on standby to depress anybody who is feeling too happy. Just drop me a line, and I'll help out however I can. It's what I do.

To ensure social distancing, every other seat will be occupied by large Ted style teddy bears. The bears will be rigged with motion sensors so if you get too close the Ted bears will swear at you loudly. At the concession stand every person will have to stand between life size cut outs of Mark Wahlberg.

@Ellison Havelock said:

I'll be on standby to depress anybody who is feeling too happy. Just drop me a line, and I'll help out however I can. It's what I do.

Not me. I mean, I couldn't help but wonder on screen about the future of the film industry as we know it. But if I'm bringing folks down, I'll be quiet.

@CelluloidFan said:

@Ellison Havelock said:

I'll be on standby to depress anybody who is feeling too happy. Just drop me a line, and I'll help out however I can. It's what I do.

Not me. I mean, I couldn't help but wonder on screen about the future of the film industry as we know it. But if I'm bringing folks down, I'll be quiet.

Nah tell us what you think. I personally cant imagine cinemas going out of business. There is just to much money to be made. Yes studios can go digital but its just not the same as a cinema experience. The anticipation, the good crowd/fans you see the film with, the snacks, and then the discussion afterwards with friends. I dodnt think digital can ever replace that.

Can't find a movie or TV show? Login to create it.

Global

s focus the search bar
p open profile menu
esc close an open window
? open keyboard shortcut window

On media pages

b go back (or to parent when applicable)
e go to edit page

On TV season pages

(right arrow) go to next season
(left arrow) go to previous season

On TV episode pages

(right arrow) go to next episode
(left arrow) go to previous episode

On all image pages

a open add image window

On all edit pages

t open translation selector
ctrl+ s submit form

On discussion pages

n create new discussion
w toggle watching status
p toggle public/private
c toggle close/open
a open activity
r reply to discussion
l go to last reply
ctrl+ enter submit your message
(right arrow) next page
(left arrow) previous page

Want to rate or add this item to a list?

Login