Discuss Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

I saw it and Loved it ask me any questions if you have any (SPOILERS)

Did DiCaprio finally confirm what every straight guy on the planet has recognized since our SOs, big sisters, mothers, etc. dragged us to Titanic all those years ago. by finally putting the moves on Mr. Pitt before the entire world's eyes?

How many times does Margot Robbie slip into a bikini or opt for even less clothing?

@mechajutaro said:

You know what's funny? I actually thought the characters between Leo and Brad were secret lovers and that we the audience get the major reveal in the end that they were, but no they have a platonic heterosexual bromance friendship in this flick. Its actually quite a sweet one as you see they really do look out for each other and thats rare especially in Hollywood and in life.

Margot Robbie is actually pretty tame in this one, and she does a great job making you like Sharon Tate and see her as a likable innocent character. I don think i ever see Margot get all overly sexy in anything besides WolfofWallStreet? Isn't she pretty tame in all other movies?

In the beginning, I was enthralled by the atmosphere and how accurate many things are to the L.A. 60s and 70s, but some of the events made me shirk back saying, "Wait, that's not right." It wasn't until I realized this was supposed to be, like Inglorious Bastards, in that it's not supposed to be historically accurate that I started just to have fun with it. I loved the movie a lot after that.

Yes, some, many of the scenes were replicas of late 60s...everything from the old studio Pitt went to where Manson commune hung out or took over to El Taco?, place Tate and gang ate at night of attack...spot on from movie to real life. It was an outstanding movie IMHO. A different type of "GENRE" per se...regarding movies. Did you notice for example when Margot/Tate watching herself in movie, it was 'ACTUAL' film clips of 'real' Sharon Tate, not MARGOT. Loved how that was mixed in...while in another part, DeCaprio was inserted/acted the film clip (re-created or magically cropped him in-The Great Escape? )

@Innovator said:

Same here buddy I loved what QT did with it. I think had he kept the original historical ending it would have made a good movie end on such a negative and predictable almost boring note.

@friscokid said:

Exactly QT is the MAN! GENIUS and haters gonna hate but only he keeps knocking it out the park! Also yeah loved how he used the real Sharon in the movie scenes almost to honor her with this movie.

Maybe it's just me, but I doubt the families of the original Manson victims would appreciate this little "tribute" much.

@rvcanuck said:

And they can promptly go f**k themselves! Those people were MONSTERS the atrocities they did! #norespect

The way Sharon Tate was potrayed..it was almost "angelic"..supposedly they felt her spirit was on set. Sadder in the fact that supposedly she was a very good & kind person in real life. Makes the real life tragedy that much more tragic. :sob:

@jorgito2001 said:

@rvcanuck said:

As hot as Margo is Sharon seemed to be even hotter? RIP

Was Leo supposed to be portraying Eastwood, or Wayne? Did Bruce lee really work with Polanskis people? Why was Tate married to a different guy, I thought only Roman got her pregnant

@Badlands1 said: Was Leo supposed to be portraying Eastwood, or Wayne?

Leo, I believe was fictional, though Tarantino based him off of Ty Hardin and a few other actors. "Hardin is a perfect example of a Rick Dalton kind of guy." - Tarantino https://screenrant.com/once-hollywood-leonardo-dicaprio-rick-dalton-real-actors/

Did Bruce lee really work with Polanskis people?

Bruce Lee was the fight choreographer, though credited as "Karate Advisor", for the movie "The Wrecking Crew" (1968) starring Dean Martin, Sharon Tate, and Nancy Kwan, which I assume was the film they were shooting in the movie. https://twitter.com/etrnlsharontate/status/917820353501478912

Why was Tate married to a different guy, I thought only Roman got her pregnant

Sharon Tate and Roman Polanski married in 1968. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_Tate

s focus the search bar
p open profile menu
esc close an open window
? open keyboard shortcut window

On media pages

e go to edit page

On TV season pages

(right arrow) go to next season
(left arrow) go to previous season

On TV episode pages

(right arrow) go to next episode
(left arrow) go to previous episode

On all image pages

a open add image window

On all edit pages

t open translation selector
ctrl+ s submit form

On discussion pages

n create new discussion
w toggle watching status
p toggle public/private
c toggle close/open
a open activity
r reply to discussion
l go to last reply
ctrl+ enter submit your message
(right arrow) next page