Discuss Ant-Man and the Wasp

Then Marvel Studios will have made 4 billion in 2018, in fact in the space of a little over 6 months.

To put that into persepective, Disney bought Marvel Studios for 4 billion back in 2010. Also, it's more than the DC universe has made in the span of 5 years.

7 replies (on page 1 of 1)

Jump to last post

Marvel has a reputation for making good films, even their worst films are only worse in comparison to their other movies (not other films within and outside the genre). Even Thor: Dark World got a 66% Rotten tomatoes and a 54 Metacritic score (the lowest scores from the MCU). Compare that to Justice League (40% RT, 45 MC), Batman V Superman (27% RT, 44 MC), Man of Steel (55% RT, 55 MC), and Suicide Squad (27% RT, 40 MC). Only Wonder Woman so far has come within Marvel's Critical Score ranges (92% RT, 76 MC).

@A to Z said:

Then Marvel Studios will have made 4 billion in 2018, in fact in the space of a little over 6 months.

To put that into persepective, Disney bought Marvel Studios for 4 billion back in 2010. Also, it's more than the DC universe has made in the span of 5 years.

Does that take into account the expenses of producing the films? More specifically is that just gross or is that net profit? Either way I agree with your point. The MCU has been an outstanding success and an absolutely brilliant investment for Disney.

@A to Z said:

Then Marvel Studios will have made 4 billion in 2018, in fact in the space of a little over 6 months.

To put that into persepective, Disney bought Marvel Studios for 4 billion back in 2010. Also, it's more than the DC universe has made in the span of 5 years.

If you compare the first 5 DC films with the first 5 Marvel ones,DC made more there.

@sabya2k said:

@A to Z said:

Then Marvel Studios will have made 4 billion in 2018, in fact in the space of a little over 6 months.

To put that into persepective, Disney bought Marvel Studios for 4 billion back in 2010. Also, it's more than the DC universe has made in the span of 5 years.

If you compare the first 5 DC films with the first 5 Marvel ones,DC made more there.

Is that all you got?

@Gus Gorman said:

@sabya2k said:

@A to Z said:

Then Marvel Studios will have made 4 billion in 2018, in fact in the space of a little over 6 months.

To put that into persepective, Disney bought Marvel Studios for 4 billion back in 2010. Also, it's more than the DC universe has made in the span of 5 years.

If you compare the first 5 DC films with the first 5 Marvel ones,DC made more there.

Is that all you got?

Yup! Very astute

@sabya2k said:

@Gus Gorman said:

@sabya2k said:

@A to Z said:

Then Marvel Studios will have made 4 billion in 2018, in fact in the space of a little over 6 months.

To put that into persepective, Disney bought Marvel Studios for 4 billion back in 2010. Also, it's more than the DC universe has made in the span of 5 years.

If you compare the first 5 DC films with the first 5 Marvel ones,DC made more there.

Is that all you got?

Yup! Very astute

As a lifelong DC fan I was desperately hoping you had more but I guess history is all DC has left.

Sad times.

@Gus Gorman said:

@sabya2k said:

@Gus Gorman said:

@sabya2k said:

@A to Z said:

Then Marvel Studios will have made 4 billion in 2018, in fact in the space of a little over 6 months.

To put that into persepective, Disney bought Marvel Studios for 4 billion back in 2010. Also, it's more than the DC universe has made in the span of 5 years.

If you compare the first 5 DC films with the first 5 Marvel ones,DC made more there.

Is that all you got?

Yup! Very astute

As a lifelong DC fan I was desperately hoping you had more but I guess history is all DC has left.

Sad times.

So sad

passes a tissue after wiping the nose

Global

s focus the search bar
p open profile menu
esc close an open window
? open keyboard shortcut window

On media pages

b go back (or to parent when applicable)
e go to edit page

On TV season pages

(right arrow) go to next season
(left arrow) go to previous season

On TV episode pages

(right arrow) go to next episode
(left arrow) go to previous episode

On all image pages

a open add image window

On all edit pages

t open translation selector
ctrl+ s submit form

On discussion pages

n create new discussion
w toggle watching status
p toggle public/private
c toggle close/open
a open activity
r reply to discussion
l go to last reply
ctrl+ enter submit your message
(right arrow) next page
(left arrow) previous page