Discuss Ant-Man and the Wasp

Some film has to be though.

It seems like less attention was paid to this film than the other films in the Franchise, with the exception of Thor 2. It was kind of like the first film, but more generic. I have to conclude that Edgar Wright's influence was what made the first film so good. It was right around the point where Ghost and Laurence Fishbourne went into about 10 minutes of exposition that I started to tune out. It was a lazy way to tell the backstory. Standard fare in Hollywood movies, but we've come to expect more from Marvel. Everything was just very standard, apart from the special effects.

Next pageLast page

Guardians vol.2 or Spider-Man Homecoming compete for the weakest phase 3 film in my opinion.

don't forget Black Panther

I would of went with Black Panther or Spiderman as being the weakest phase 3 movies.

I would rank them:

1. infinity War
  2. Thor Ragnarok
  3. Guardians 2
  4. Civil War
  5. Spiderman HC
  6. Black Panther
  7. Doctor Strange
  8. Ant Man and the Wasp

@DonaldTrump said:

I would agree, I felt Black Panther was the worst of them all.

@A to Z said: It was right around the point where Ghost and Laurence Fishbourne went into about 10 minutes of exposition that I started to tune out. It was a lazy way to tell the backstory.

I really enjoyed Ant-Man & The Wasp, but during the above mentioned scene I was getting also a 'TV-movie' vibe as well. Still, a fun movie overall.

for me the weakest is thor ragnorak the way they pushed loki around, the cheesy dialogue, and the cringy humour it had topped it off for me

Im going to give that to Black Panther. Not only do i think its the weakest of the Phase 3 movies. Its my least favorite MCU movie overall. I enjoyed Thor 2 more than i enjoyed Black Panther. It has nothing do with the cast. I think the movie took itself way too seriously and wasn't engaging enough to be as good as Infinity War. Overall it just bored me.

@Nygma-0999 said:

Im going to give that to Black Panther. Not only do i think its the weakest of the Phase 4 movies. Its my least favorite MCU movie overall. I enjoyed Thor 2 more than i enjoyed Black Panther. It has nothing do with the cast. I think the movie took itself way too seriously and wasn't engaging enough to be as good as Infinity War. Overall it just bored me.

It wasn't that it was boring to me, Black Panther I thought had some bad acting which made it boring and laughable.

@thebarnman said:

@Nygma-0999 said:

How was it boring and laughable? A tad overrated definitely.

Yea, way overrated; which gave it very high expectations. All that only to discover it was boring because much of the acting was bad, and it was funny because much of that the acting kept being bad.

Dr. Strange. It's not even close for me.

@thebarnman said:

I wouldn't just discount it with very high expections. You don't get $700,006,415 Domestic and $1,346,739,107 WW without many repeat viewings. I heard of people watching Black Panther 3 or 4 times. High expectations wouldn't account for that. As for the acting, 97% Tomato Meter and an 88 Metacritic score as well as having a cast with 2 Oscar nominees (Angela Bassett and Daniel Kaluuya) and 2 Oscar winners (Forest Whitaker and Lupita Nyong'o) for acting means either you're trolling or full of shit.

@Innovator said:

@thebarnman said:

I'd go with him being full of shitt.

I shouldn't have to defend myself on this forum; I truly did not like the movie and that's my opinion. There were a few scenes I felt where the acting was well done, but it did not make up for the rest of it.

I saw Black Panther first at a indoor theatre on a 80' screen with laser projection...truly watched it in an environment with top notch state of the art picture and state of the art sound. Another words; I went way out of my way to watch it in a theatre for which there are certain movies I want to see and hear with the best equipment available in my area which I don't do very often...maybe about two or three times a year of that. On top of that I go to my local drive-in once a week. Many times I enjoy watching most it not all of the big summer blockbusters at least two times at the drive-in . Bottom line, I purposely avoided watching Black Panther again; a situation I don't do very often.