Discuss Death Note

They turned L, a little white boy, into a grown black man. What a butchery. Had to stop watching after his first scene.

7 replies (on page 1 of 1)

Jump to last post

You should watch more, I own the DVDs for both the anime and Japanese live action movie (it was the only way I could watch it when it came out) this was far superior to the Japanese Live Action Death Note. They had their chance and blew it, I can't feel loyalty to crap. Besides, the actor play L was great!

@Fifthfreedom said:

They turned L, a little white boy, into a grown black man. What a butchery. Had to stop watching after his first scene.

Thus proving you're not the target audience.

That's the problem with most shitty comic-book/book adaptations. They never target the original material's audience. They make a Death Note movie that fans of the Anime are going to hate because it's so different. Great job Netflix. Great job.

@Fifthfreedom said:

That's the problem with most shitty comic-book/book adaptations. They never target the original material's audience. They make a Death Note movie that fans of the Anime are going to hate because it's so different. Great job Netflix. Great job.

Follow the money, my friend. They target the largest audience which this case (and most cases) is not the original material's fans. For those people (myself included), it was a fine, entertaining movie.

@Fifthfreedom said:

That's the problem with most shitty comic-book/book adaptations. They never target the original material's audience. They make a Death Note movie that fans of the Anime are going to hate because it's so different. Great job Netflix. Great job.

I feel your pain. Tell it like it is!

That's true of all adaptations. They never target the original material's audience when it was us who made it popular. They did the same with IT. I was so disappointed in IT.

Light's character was ruined before the movie even started. During the intro music they already had him selling homework and flirting with a cheerleader by the time the Death Note title comes up. Damn this movie only made me angry.

@Mrsalty said:

Light's character was ruined before the movie even started. During the intro music they already had him selling homework and flirting with a cheerleader by the time the Death Note title comes up. Damn this movie only made me angry.

None of that bothered me at all.

Global

s focus the search bar
p open profile menu
esc close an open window
? open keyboard shortcut window

On media pages

b go back (or to parent when applicable)
e go to edit page

On TV season pages

(right arrow) go to next season
(left arrow) go to previous season

On TV episode pages

(right arrow) go to next episode
(left arrow) go to previous episode

On all image pages

a open add image window

On all edit pages

t open translation selector
ctrl+ s submit form

On discussion pages

n create new discussion
w toggle watching status
p toggle public/private
c toggle close/open
a open activity
r reply to discussion
l go to last reply
ctrl+ enter submit your message
(right arrow) next page
(left arrow) previous page