Discuss Wonder Woman

To me, it seems to be about on par with the first Captain america movie in phase 1 of marvels movies. But a lot of reviewers on youtube especially say it is an excellent movie even. Are they overhyping this movie, in your opinion?

Next pageLast page

little bit.

@Mackentorsk said:

I agree it's pretty similar to Captain America: The First Avenger and I really enjoyed that movie so I wouldn't say it's overhyped.

@Mackentorsk said:

Yes but the music is the best.

@Mackentorsk said:

Yes but the music is the best

Frankly i think they should have thrown in the 70's WW Theme song. Just for the hell of it. And considering how corny this movie gets at times. It would have fit. Frankly i thought the movie was average at best. Logan makes this movie look like crap. Hell even Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was better.

@Nygma-0999 said:

@Mackentorsk said:

Yes but the music is the best

The wonder woman song is a better woman than Gal Gadot.

I wasn't expecting such a good movie. The humor blended well with the seriousness and tragedy of war. Gal and Chris had awesome chemistry as well as carried the humor without silliness. I hope kids and adults walked out thinking 'maybe I can make a positive difference' even tho reality sucks all the oxygen out of the room sometimes.

@Nygma-0999 said:

@Mackentorsk said:

Yes but the music is the best

The wonder woman song is a better woman than Gal Gadot.

Well i would say that Lynda Carter was more woman than Gal Gadot. Hell she still is.

@Nygma-0999 said:

@Nygma-0999 said:

@Mackentorsk said:

Yes but the music is the best

The wonder woman song is a better woman than Gal Gadot.

Yep, Lynda still is and would be better than Gal who's just an average plain model if we can even call her a model nothing about her stands out.

It'll only be "overrated" should the academy decide to nominate it for the 'main' Oscars. So best picture, best director and best actress. Jenkins is familiar to the academy already and that gives her the extra edge if she wants to do a build-up for the awards season. The movie, imho, doesn't deserve it though.

@Mackentorsk said:

Definitely yes. It's not a bad movie at all, but it's far from great.

It's a good solid movie, but I wouldn't call it excellent or Oscar nomination-worthy.

7/10 stars.

I think its a great film. Far better than Captain America first avenger. Better chemistry, more heart felt, better comedy, & much better action.

@gspgreases said:

Why review and compare the Movie to CA:TFA? How does Wonder Woman stand up on it's own?

@rgreen7313 said:

@gspgreases said:

seems the op compared it, i just elaborated.