Discussões sobre Pantera Negra

Should win for costume design and maybe production design.

10 respostas (na página 1 de 1)

I would say The Favourite may have the edge in both of those categories. I'm sure Black Panther will be thrown a bone somewhere - although there's a hint go tokenism about its nominations, not appearing in any above the line categories other than Best Picture and even missing a couple of the more high profile craft categories (Editing, Cinematography).

@rudely_murray said:

I agree. It's weird a best picture nominee wouldn't have a screenplay or director nomination as well. Also 0 acting nominations, WTF?

@Innovator said:

@rudely_murray said:

I guess it's a little more likely to happen, occasionally, in the era of up to ten nominees. Prior to Black Panther the most recent example of Selma, which had just a Best Song bid (which it ultimately won) to back up its Best Picture nomination.

Even in the years of five nominees it happened occasionally. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers being a notable example.

@rudely_murray said:

I would say The Favourite may have the edge in both of those categories.

I don't know how The Favourite would have the edge in costume and production design considering there was nothing in it that hadn't been done hundreds of times before.

@Innovator said:

@rudely_murray said:

I would say The Favourite may have the edge in both of those categories.

But the winners are voted on by the entire Academy, most of whom are not costume designers and tend to vote for 1) the most elaborate gowns or 2) the film they liked best. I actually feel it could go either way and that it's quite a close race, but The Favourite certainly fits the mould of a Costume Design winner, and being a film the Academy as a whole clearly love but which seems unlikely to win many Oscars may push it through.

A film like Moonlight deserves a Best Picture nom because it was a genuinely great film and clearly has a lot of depth. But this? Even as super hero movies go it wasn't even the best super hero movie last year. There's no way it was better than Infinity War or Deadpool 2.

@JustinJackFlash said:

I agree that Infinity War was a better movie.

Deadpool 2 was excrement.

Sure, but Infinity War had everybody in the previous Marvel films' universe. This was more or less an origin type story. Not saying I didn't like it, but they're two different films. I do agree that Deadpool 2 was not that great.

@rudely_murray said:

The Black Panther is going to beat the Favourite on costume design because of the originality involved and creativity involved. And production design too. Olivia Colman while funny is in another dreary unoriginal period piece but I'll easily would prefer her winning best actress.

Whether you like The Favourite or not, it’s certainly not another dreary period piece. The costumes are genuine stand outs - the majority of period films look like their costumes could have simply been lifted out of any textbook but those in The Favourite are gorgeous and even witty in their design. Just look at that kinky riding gear as exhibit A! The great Sandy Powell has outdone herself here. Dazzling work.

I do think the Oscar is a toss-up and neither film would be undeserving.

s focar na barra de pesquisa
p abrir menu do perfil
esc Fechar uma janela aberta
? abrir janela de atalhos do teclado

Em páginas de mídia

e Ir para a página de edição

Em páginas de temporada de séries

(seta para a direita) vai para a próxima temporada
(seta para a esquerda) vai para a temporada anterior

Em páginas de episódio de séries

(seta para a direita) vai para o próximo episódio
(seta para a esquerda) vai para o episódio anterior

Em todas as páginas de imagens

a abrir janela para adicionar imagem

Em todas as páginas de edição

t abrir seletor de tradução
ctrl+ s enviar

Em páginas de discussão

n criar nova discussão
w alternar o status de exibição
p alternar público/privado
c alternar fechado/aberto
a abrir atividade
r responder a discussão
l Ir para última resposta
ctrl+ enter envie sua mensagem
(seta para a direita) próxima página
(seta para a esquerda) página anterior