Discussões sobre Pantera Negra

It was an Ok superhero movie yes Michael B Jordan was a decent villian in the top 5 for Marvel I would say but really the only interesting person in the film to me was the little sister she stole the show for me. Am I missing something here?

65 respostas (na página 3 de 5)

Página anteriorPróxima páginaÚltima página

@Russ007 said:

Huh?! You believe that a good portion of white people didn't see Bad Boys only because the leads were black or something??? That film made a lot of cash because everyone saw it. Even the foreign gross beat the domestic.

Read it again.

My point was that, if it's primarily the black audience that have propelled BP to its stunning Box Office because of its black cast, that suggests a bias against films starring white dudes that doesn't seem as strong in the other direction as plenty of white folk went to see (for instance) Bad Boys.

@M. LeMarchand said:

Read it again.

That's assuming wayyyy too much. Need to check demographic numbers first before saying that.

Also, you're argument is contrived. First it's 'black people watch a predominantly black-cast film because the cast are black'. Then it's 'white people watch a predominantly black-cast film despite the cast being black'. Those don't suggest a bias about 'black people don't watch a predominantly white-cast film because the cast are white'.

@Russ007 said:

Well, that's what pretty much every single news story on the success of the film seems to suggest.

@Russ007 said:

I'd be interested to hear how you explain the stories that BP's box office is getting a huge boost from black viewers.

@Russ007 said:

You yourself agreed that white people can be colourblind when choosing their entertainment.

@Russ007 said:

Then you state

@Russ007 said:

Again, I'd be interested to hear why you think the black audience weren't so keen on the rest of the MCU.

N.B. Obviously there are plenty of black people who have followed the rest of the MCU, but it seems that a lot of people have solely showed interest in just BP because of the "representation£ aspect.

@M. LeMarchand said:

@Russ007 said:

I was actually paraphrasing your words.

@Russ007 said:

Everyone can be colorblind when choosing their entertainment.

@Russ007 said:

Let me first say that the main point I was making was that your words were an obvious logical fallacy. You acted like your statements were proof that the third was was true, but they have no effect on it. It is independent.

You basically went "cars are blue", "cars have wheels", and that suggests "cars have windows". That's what you were writing. The third statement cannot be suggested from the two previous 'facts' and therefore there is no argument. QED.

@Russ007 said:

Nope. I was taking the generally accepted facts and coming up with a hypothesis you have yet to disprove.

To borrow and correct your car analogy, it's like I said: "Cars are blue" and "cars have wheels"; that suggests "blue cars have wheels".

Two things I enjoyed about this movie 1. Wakanda has a big beautiful wall and that Disney paid for it 2. This movie confirming refugees bring their problems with them

@DonaldTrump said:

You didn't really see the movie did you? Erik Killmonger isn't a refugee.

A few other details that you've gotten so, so, horribly wrong:

Disney didn't pay for the wall.

Wakanda wasn't a shithole country. :joy:

@rgreen7313 said:

@DonaldTrump said:

You didn't really see the movie did you? Erik Killmonger isn't a refugee.

A few other details that you've gotten so, so, horribly wrong:

Disney didn't pay for the wall.

Wakanda wasn't a shithole country. :joy:

Clearly you missed the line where they mentioned refugees bring their problems with them did I say "Erik Killmonger" Disney paid to create a movie which had a wall I'm sure the CGI was not free, clearly jokes go over your head I'm not surprised by this. Last but not least Wakanda was not a shithole country because they had a wall putting their own people first.

@DonaldTrump said:

@rgreen7313 said:

@DonaldTrump said:

You didn't really see the movie did you? Erik Killmonger isn't a refugee.

A few other details that you've gotten so, so, horribly wrong:

Disney didn't pay for the wall.

Wakanda wasn't a shithole country. :joy:

Yes, I probably did miss the line about refugees. Mea Culpa.

Nope, as to jokes going over my head, but you are building a false narrative with mixing fantasy and reality but given that you're comparing Wakanda to Trumpland that stands as quite reasonable.

Mr. Trump thinks all of Africa is a Shithole along with Nambia :joy: and it is not the wall it's the Vibranium and the smarts of the people that make them rich. In the context of the MCU just trust in what that noted world changer said:

Ultron: [Referring to Captain America's shield] The most versatile substance on the planet, and they used it to build a Frisbee.

Cheers mate!

@M. LeMarchand said:

@mcse2000ca said:

If I was Black and American I guess I might have a different opinion. I do feel that a lot of the critics are scared to do anything but praise this movie for fear of being labelled racist.

That's essentially it. When America elected their first "black" president, we did so with 95% of the black vote. That is to say, 95% of black voters voted for a junior senator with a law degree who's only real experience was in community organizing.

Similarly, with this movie, blacks are voting for blacks, regardless of substance. That's just what they do.

@jorgito2001 said:

Of course, every black friend and co-worker of mine wants to see it TWICE & THREE times in theaters...lol.

Yes, and they still also pay 1,000% markup for Nike sneakers and as much for Beats headphones.

Ah, it's just inflated hype again, it's an ok Marvel film with a silly premise, some pacing issues and really bad CGI. Better than what came last year, yet that's not saying much.

I'm not a big Red Letter Media fan, but they essentially nailed it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8kmzvqMEXI

@Jedan Archer said:

They could've used some of the CGI to enhance Gal Gadot's breasts in Wonder woman, shame on Marvel you twatt.

@Jedan Archer said:

Ah, the angry little man again, rabidly soiling himself in fanboy anger. You may go home and rethink your life.

@Jedan Archer said:

@Jedan Archer said:

Ah, the Gal Gadot booboy fights back lolololololol sad little biitch.

s focar na barra de pesquisa
p abrir menu do perfil
esc Fechar uma janela aberta
? abrir janela de atalhos do teclado

Em páginas de mídia

e Ir para a página de edição

Em páginas de temporada de séries

(seta para a direita) vai para a próxima temporada
(seta para a esquerda) vai para a temporada anterior

Em páginas de episódio de séries

(seta para a direita) vai para o próximo episódio
(seta para a esquerda) vai para o episódio anterior

Em todas as páginas de imagens

a abrir janela para adicionar imagem

Em todas as páginas de edição

t abrir seletor de tradução
ctrl+ s enviar

Em páginas de discussão

n criar nova discussão
w alternar o status de exibição
p alternar público/privado
c alternar fechado/aberto
a abrir atividade
r responder a discussão
l Ir para última resposta
ctrl+ enter envie sua mensagem
(seta para a direita) próxima página
(seta para a esquerda) página anterior