Discussões sobre Pantera Negra

It was an Ok superhero movie yes Michael B Jordan was a decent villian in the top 5 for Marvel I would say but really the only interesting person in the film to me was the little sister she stole the show for me. Am I missing something here?

65 respostas (na página 2 de 5)

Página anteriorPróxima páginaÚltima página

@jorgito2001 said;

James Bond in a jungle setting :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I haven't heard that description before regarding this movie but it still says a lot. The movie "George of the Jungle" with Brendan Fraser did make a lot of money and mostly white folks went to see it. It doesn't matter what the setting is, there are lots of Trump supporters who will never see this movie just because of the diverse cast.

@jorgito2001, your black co-workers want to see BP several times because they actually ENJOY IT. Same could be said of Star war fans or Avenger fans who went to see the movie at the theatres multiple times. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Well, since you haven't seen the movie, there's not much we can discuss then. I'll bring updates on how well BP is doing at the Box Office :grin:

WAKANDA FOREVER :no_good_tone3: :no_good_tone3:

I'd be very surprised if this movie does well in China and Japan.

@Pitt78 said:

I'd be very surprised if this movie does well in China and Japan.

What are you so worried about? What if it does? :dizzy_face:

@Pitt78 said:

I'd be very surprised if this movie does well in China and Japan.

I would be surprised if it doesnt do well in China with all the CGI

@jorgito2001 said:

I honestly have NO desire to see James Bond in a jungle setting (from what I've read that's mostly what to expect)...no thanks! Wait til its on Starz or something.

Of course, every black friend and co-worker of mine wants to see it TWICE & THREE times in theaters...lol.

I seriously doubt you have black friends.

@Gus Gorman said:

@jorgito2001 said:

I seriously doubt you have black friends.

haha I just ignored him lol but you probably have a good point haha

@mcse2000ca said:

lol if you meant me im Canadian and a socialist so probably the furthest thing from a Trump supporter lmao

Unfortunately in the current climate it doesn't matter what your actual views are, not heaping praise on certain films seems to make you a racist/phobe in some people's eyes.

@M. LeMarchand said:

You expect me to take a vague reply in a thread seriously? And what makes you think I meant you?

Because you quoted me.

Then you sent me an obscure link exonerating you of being a Trump supporter which might I add wouldn't prove otherwise.

So you did mean me. Luckily I planted that anti-Trump vote ahead of time in case it ever came up, eh?

@nchi9 said:

when a movie comes along like Black Panther with an almost entirely black cast and shatters all kind of records, it shocks a lot of people who never ever saw that coming :fearful: It is well known that in Hollywood, there has been this perception and myth that movies with a diverse cast don't sell overseas. For Black Panther to excel the way it does, is causing gastric ulcers for some because they just can't stomach it.

I don't think that anyone in this discussion (so far!) begrudges BP its success. It's just that some of us are sick of hearing stuff like this:

Going to the cinema is usually a special occasion, but when a culturally significant film like Black >Panther is playing its likely to be a moment you'll remember forever.

This was in a UK paper. In the UK, outside of certain major cities (and even then it may only be areas in those cities) you're far more likely to see Asian (as in Indian sub-continent) and Oriental (as in Chinese etc) people than black people. I work across 3 small sites and there aren't any black employees. Not because the employers are racist - because there just aren't that many black people applying.

One could argue that the film itself doesn't exactly promote racial harmony: somehow a number of different tribes have retained very different ethnicities in a small nation where outsiders aren't allowed. Why aren't they all one race?

The other thing that bugs me is that, if the huge takings are down to the "black dollar", isn't that kinda racist? There have been many better Marvel films, but when there are black people starring it's worth seeing? (Even if the villain is the most like a Black American guy). (Not many - I hope) white people didn't go to see, say, "Bad Boys" because the leads were black.

@jorgito2001 said:

Racist supremacist who has black friends??? Lolololol racists are crap liars.

Racist supremacist who has black friends??? Lolololol racists are crap liars.

hahaha...cause as a LATINO I only associate with WHITE folk! LOLOLOL

I'm done with ya'll!

As silly as Thor Ragnarok might have been. It was a genuinely a fun and entertaining movie. Black Panther was boring and took itself way to seriously. It would be fine if it took itself seriously. If it had a great story to back it up like Batman Begins, or Logan. But it just dosn't have it.

You people act like this movie changed the world or its the second coming of Jesus. Its just a god damn Superhero movie. And its not even the first one to star a Black protagonist. Remember Meteor Man, Blade, Spawn, Steel, Hancock, Sleight. Also Meteor Man had a All Black Cast. So this movie is not even special in that category. Yeah this movie making tons of money. But that money is going to Rich White Movie Executives who will use this movie to sell toys to kids. If you think they care about "cultural milestone" or "diversity" or "representation". Your out of your mind. They just want your god damn money.

@Nygma-0999 said:

As you said it's only a movie, no need to get so worked up.

@Nygma-0999 said:

When I saw this reply an hour ago it wasn't as retarded, you obviously edited it and went full KKK in just 60 minutes WOW.

@M. LeMarchand said:

What is your point?

@Russ007 said:

@M. LeMarchand said:

What is your point?

The one that's in the preceding sentence.

@M. LeMarchand said:

@Russ007 said:

@M. LeMarchand said:

What is your point?

The one that's in the preceding sentence.

Huh?! You believe that a good portion of white people didn't see Bad Boys only because the leads were black or something??? That film made a lot of cash because everyone saw it. Even the foreign gross beat the domestic.

s focar na barra de pesquisa
p abrir menu do perfil
esc Fechar uma janela aberta
? abrir janela de atalhos do teclado

Em páginas de mídia

e Ir para a página de edição

Em páginas de temporada de séries

(seta para a direita) vai para a próxima temporada
(seta para a esquerda) vai para a temporada anterior

Em páginas de episódio de séries

(seta para a direita) vai para o próximo episódio
(seta para a esquerda) vai para o episódio anterior

Em todas as páginas de imagens

a abrir janela para adicionar imagem

Em todas as páginas de edição

t abrir seletor de tradução
ctrl+ s enviar

Em páginas de discussão

n criar nova discussão
w alternar o status de exibição
p alternar público/privado
c alternar fechado/aberto
a abrir atividade
r responder a discussão
l Ir para última resposta
ctrl+ enter envie sua mensagem
(seta para a direita) próxima página
(seta para a esquerda) página anterior