Discuss Black Panther

It was an Ok superhero movie yes Michael B Jordan was a decent villian in the top 5 for Marvel I would say but really the only interesting person in the film to me was the little sister she stole the show for me. Am I missing something here?

Next pageLast page

@mcse2000ca said:

I'm with you. It was fun, but I can't see myself recommending it to anyone - though neither would I discourage anyone from seeing it.

If I was Black and American I guess I might have a different opinion. I do feel that a lot of the critics are scared to do anything but praise this movie for fear of being labelled racist.

@mcse2000ca said:

Why do you need to get anything? I could post a similarly stupid thread asking why do people need to get people getting people getting people who get people.

@mcse2000ca said:

I feel Trump supporters need to quit getting paranoid.

@M. LeMarchand said:

I feel Trump supporters need to quit getting paranoid.

Not sure if you've got a very dry sense of humour or you're being serious.

If the latter: https://www.themoviedb.org/person/33663-donald-trump/discuss/593be92a92514105cf00dd73?page=2

Both thumbs way down.

Also, if serious, it kinda proves my point that people are scared to say anything bad about the film for fear of being labelled as racist or (possibly worse) a Trump supporter.

@M. LeMarchand said:

I feel Trump supporters need to quit getting paranoid.

Not sure if you've got a very dry sense of humour or you're being serious.

Both thumbs way down.

You expect me to take a vague reply in a thread seriously? And what makes you think I meant you?

@M. LeMarchand said:

I feel Trump supporters need to quit getting paranoid.

Not sure if you've got a very dry sense of humour or you're being serious.

Both thumbs way down.

lol if you meant me im Canadian and a socialist so probably the furthest thing from a Trump supporter lmao

@mcse2000ca said:

@M. LeMarchand said:

I feel Trump supporters need to quit getting paranoid.

Not sure if you've got a very dry sense of humour or you're being serious.

Both thumbs way down.

No, you just posted a stupid thread I didn't mean you. Your only crime is this thread.

Because you quoted me.

@mcse2000ca said:

@M. LeMarchand said:

I feel Trump supporters need to quit getting paranoid.

Not sure if you've got a very dry sense of humour or you're being serious.

Both thumbs way down.

Ok explain to me why this thread is a crime lmao so to have an opinion is now a crime haha

@mcse2000ca said:

@mcse2000ca said:

@M. LeMarchand said:

I feel Trump supporters need to quit getting paranoid.

Not sure if you've got a very dry sense of humour or you're being serious.

Both thumbs way down.

Because you don't get that I get that you don't get that I get what you get. Get it?

Because you quoted me.

Then you sent me an obscure link exonerating you of being a Trump supporter which might I add wouldn't prove otherwise.

@mcse2000ca said:

@mcse2000ca said:

@M. LeMarchand said:

I feel Trump supporters need to quit getting paranoid.

Not sure if you've got a very dry sense of humour or you're being serious.

Both thumbs way down.

ok whatever have fun trolling someone else lol

@mcse2000ca said:

It was an Ok superhero movie yes Michael B Jordan was a decent villian in the top 5 for Marvel I would say but really the only >interesting person in the film to me was the little sister she stole the show for me. Am I missing something here?

Same question can be asked of every movie that has been made, by someone who wasn't into that movie. All movies have critics even the most highly acclaimed movies that have been made.

when a movie comes along like Black Panther with an almost entirely black cast and shatters all kind of records, it shocks a lot of people who never ever saw that coming :fearful: It is well known that in Hollywood, there has been this perception and myth that movies with a diverse cast don't sell overseas. For Black Panther to excel the way it does, is causing gastric ulcers for some because they just can't stomach it.

Folks, whether you like it or not, the world is changing and now it is Black Panther's time :clap_tone3: This movie composed of my favorite super kick-ass girls (yes the kick ass women soldiers of Wakanda), the coolest king T'Challa, a great villain Killmonger, the super high tech Shuri (she's my favorite), is breaking all kinds of records.

It has grossed almost $900 million worldwide and it hasn't even opened in China yet, to say the least and it will still be in theatres in America for quite some time yet, milking more money; and I'm still not done watching it yet :laughing: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

It is not a matter of 'if' BP will make a billion dollars but 'when'. I'm predicting by the end of next weekend we should talking at least a billion dollars :champagne_glass: :raised_hands_tone3: :fireworks:

So, @mcse2000ca, you are not missing anything at all :grin: but the entertainment continues for millions of others who are propelling Black Panther to higher heights :thumbsup_tone4: To each his own.

WAKANDA FOREVER :no_good_tone3: :no_good_tone3:

@nchi9 said:

@mcse2000ca said:

WAKANDA FOREVER :no_good_tone3: :no_good_tone3:

All I can say is perhaps its superhero overload I dont know I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the movie far from it but it's definitely not in the top tier of the Marvel universe for me at least.

I honestly have NO desire to see James Bond in a jungle setting (from what I've read that's mostly what to expect)...no thanks! Wait til its on Starz or something.

Of course, every black friend and co-worker of mine wants to see it TWICE & THREE times in theaters...lol.

s focus the search bar
p open profile menu
esc close an open window
? open keyboard shortcut window

On media pages

e go to edit page

On TV season pages

(right arrow) go to next season
(left arrow) go to previous season

On TV episode pages

(right arrow) go to next episode
(left arrow) go to previous episode

On all image pages

a open add image window

On all edit pages

t open translation selector
ctrl+ s submit form

On discussion pages

n create new discussion
w toggle watching status
p toggle public/private
c toggle close/open
a open activity
r reply to discussion
l go to last reply
ctrl+ enter submit your message
(right arrow) next page