Discuss Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

So at the moment there is no real buzz about this movie despite being Star Wars. Tons of crazy theories including time travel. Galaxy's Edge theme park is tanking. The toys are tanking because kids aren't interested in these awful new characters. Rumors that George gets a 25% kickback for original trilogy content which would explain why Disney has gone out of its way to ruin the old characters. I'm sure it'll still make money, just not as much as the first two.

So how much do you think this is going to suck? They're going to photoshop Leia in to it, Finn's probably still going to be a coward lusting after a woman who's more interested in an evil murderer, Poe will attempt to be witty and tell a joke in a tense situation, the Emperor is in there doing something, all of Lando's scenes will probably shot with him sitting down because even he can't be bothered to put in any effort for this, Hux will get a Force wedgie, they probably have to stop another planet killing weapon, there will be some kind of anti-Trump reference, Rey will turn out to be Space-Jesus.

What am I missing?

114 replies (on page 1 of 8)

Jump to last post

Next pageLast page

WHAT AN OPTIMISTIC WAY OF PHRASING YOUR QUESTION.

@VHS-VANDAL said:

WHAT AN OPTIMISTIC WAY OF PHRASING YOUR QUESTION.

Give the OP a break, this is the first post he's made on this site that wasn't 100% fuelled by incel rage.

@Gus Gorman said:

@VHS-VANDAL said:

WHAT AN OPTIMISTIC WAY OF PHRASING YOUR QUESTION.

Give the OP a break, this is the first post he's made on this site that wasn't 100% fuelled by incel rage.

Still being sexist and shaming men for their opinions I see. Keep it classy Gus.

YOU "MEN" KEEP SHAMING WOMEN FOR THEIR OPINIONS....SO....YEAH..YOU SUCK.

@VHS-VANDAL said:

YOU "MEN" KEEP SHAMING WOMEN FOR THEIR OPINIONS....SO....YEAH..YOU SUCK.

Uh, no. Firstly nothing I've ever said has been an attack on women in general, it's about the industry forcing politics on us and using women, gays, and minorities as a shield to defend against criticism from their terrible product. And besides that women are adults and they deserve to have their opinions challenged the same as anyone, that's what equality is. If a person makes a dumb statement they should be called out no matter what they've got between their legs, that's true equality.

Secondly, the VAST majority of people I end up arguing with aren't even women, they're white knights defending women's virtue. Notice how you and Gus simply insult me without any actual argument to bring down my opinion? That's called an ad hominem, it's what weak people do when they can't back up their opinions. 20 years ago it was calling someone gay or a fag, but you can't do that now so it's incel or Russian bot or racist or sexist even if the person making the argument isn't white or male or even met a Russian.

Plus there are actually a number of women out there who have vocally expressed how awful a lot of these forced female characters are and they get death threats from people like you and Gus, women who point out how badly written these characters are, how it's not cool to throw men under the bus to prop up these awful characters, but those women are ignored. The men and women who use well written female characters as good examples are ignored AND still called sexist.

So yeah, come at me with some good points and we can have a discussion, until then you have no respect on this forum from me.

YOU TYPED A LOT OF WORDS.YOU DID YOUR VERY BEST TO SOUND SMART AND NON F@#KED IN THE HEAD.THE FACT IS ANYONE WHO READS THAT DEAR DIARY CAN FEEL THE ITCH OF HATE IN YOU....FORCED FEMALE CHARACTERS?...REALLY?...TRY A FEW MORE BIG WORDS,MAYBE SOMEONE MIGHT ACTUALLY MISS THE SICK YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE.

@VHS-VANDAL said:

YOU TYPED A LOT OF WORDS.YOU DID YOUR VERY BEST TO SOUND SMART AND NON F@#KED IN THE HEAD.THE FACT IS ANYONE WHO READS THAT DEAR DIARY CAN FEEL THE ITCH OF HATE IN YOU....FORCED FEMALE CHARACTERS?...REALLY?...TRY A FEW MORE BIG WORDS,MAYBE SOMEONE MIGHT ACTUALLY MISS THE SICK YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE.

See ladies and gentlemen, he has no argument just insults.

YES, forced female characters, these are typically characters that were male but now are forced to be female to signal how virtuous the movie is. There are some that aren't a big deal like Tilda Swinton in Doctor Strange but now they're talking about changing Alfred from Batman into a female, they're doing female Thor even though that comic run was so good it got cancelled, Ironheart isn't very popular either and now we've got this Batwoman show that's solely about the fact she's gay and she's better than all the men, because we all know how well it would go over if the gender and sexual orientation were reversed.

Instead of coming up with new original characters they would rather just take popular male characters and change them female, and then when they do create original female characters they are mary sues with no weakness, vulnerability or learning curve and stripping away their femininity to make them more masculine. And I can list a number of terrible male characters too so it's not just about female characters, but we can't criticize the female characters because muh sexism.

And the justification is always "but little girls get to see female heroes and that's all that matters!" completely ignoring how utterly terrible the characters are while ignoring good ones like Alita because that character wasn't feminist enough.

@cswood said:

@Gus Gorman said:

@VHS-VANDAL said:

WHAT AN OPTIMISTIC WAY OF PHRASING YOUR QUESTION.

Give the OP a break, this is the first post he's made on this site that wasn't 100% fuelled by incel rage.

Still being sexist and shaming men for their opinions I see. Keep it classy Gus.

Your posting history is a crash course in misogyny and I'm the sexist? Your trolling is priceless! :grinning:

MY ARGUEMENT IS.....EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS THINLY VEILED SEXISM AND LADY TERROR.YOURE SO DEEP IN YOUR OWN SICK YOU CANT EVEN SMELL IT ANYMORE.

@VHS-VANDAL said:

YOU TYPED A LOT OF WORDS.YOU DID YOUR VERY BEST TO SOUND SMART AND NON F@#KED IN THE HEAD.THE FACT IS ANYONE WHO READS THAT DEAR DIARY CAN FEEL THE ITCH OF HATE IN YOU....FORCED FEMALE CHARACTERS?...REALLY?...TRY A FEW MORE BIG WORDS,MAYBE SOMEONE MIGHT ACTUALLY MISS THE SICK YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE.

Says the guy who hasn't learned common internet etiquette

Predict how much this is going to suck

About as much as a hungry vampire at lunch time.

@Gus Gorman said:

@cswood said:

@Gus Gorman said:

@VHS-VANDAL said:

WHAT AN OPTIMISTIC WAY OF PHRASING YOUR QUESTION.

Give the OP a break, this is the first post he's made on this site that wasn't 100% fuelled by incel rage.

Still being sexist and shaming men for their opinions I see. Keep it classy Gus.

Your posting history is a crash course in misogyny and I'm the sexist? Your trolling is priceless! :grinning:

Present your case with examples please. I bet you can't. I bet in your mind any criticism of any woman means you're sexist, which in itself is actual sexism because you believe women can't be criticized. You can't even see your own sexism through your white knight armor.

How exactly can I be a misogynist when I can name a long list of female characters I admire and use as examples of how to writer females in my own writing? I guarantee your accusation of misogyny is solely about that awful Captain Marvel movie. That movie is terrible, that actress is terrible in it, its writing is terrible, its politics are terrible. I could name 20 female characters better than her, hell I could probably name 50.

YEAH..20 OR 50 MORE THAT YOU PERSONALLY ARENT THREATENED BY.

@VHS-VANDAL said:

YEAH..20 OR 50 MORE THAT YOU PERSONALLY ARENT THREATENED BY.

Explain this. What in your opinion is an example of something I'm "threatened by" and why. I'm honestly on the edge of my seat to read the mental gymnastics behind your thinking. I bet you won't come up with anything. And if by some miracle you do (you won't) I'll easily knock it down with good examples that prove my problem with awful characters like Captain Marvel and Rey isn't because they're female but because they suck.

Unless of course you believe that female characters can't be badly written, in which case you're a sexist. So which is it? List me some examples of female characters you think are badly written so we can establish a baseline. I bet you won't. Because once we establish examples you'll have to stick by those examples and that will seriously screw up your ability to hurl insults without having to make an actual argument and defend it.

Come on, prove me wrong so we can actually talk it out.

@cswood said:

@Gus Gorman said:

@cswood said:

@Gus Gorman said:

@VHS-VANDAL said:

WHAT AN OPTIMISTIC WAY OF PHRASING YOUR QUESTION.

Give the OP a break, this is the first post he's made on this site that wasn't 100% fuelled by incel rage.

Still being sexist and shaming men for their opinions I see. Keep it classy Gus.

Your posting history is a crash course in misogyny and I'm the sexist? Your trolling is priceless! :grinning:

Present your case with examples please. I bet you can't. I bet in your mind any criticism of any woman means you're sexist, which in itself is actual sexism because you believe women can't be criticized. You can't even see your own sexism through your white knight armor.

How exactly can I be a misogynist when I can name a long list of female characters I admire and use as examples of how to writer females in my own writing? I guarantee your accusation of misogyny is solely about that awful Captain Marvel movie. That movie is terrible, that actress is terrible in it, its writing is terrible, its politics are terrible. I could name 20 female characters better than her, hell I could probably name 50.

I don't understand your hostile attitude to me, all I've done is congratulate you on reining in your incel nonsense (you're welcome) and mention your public posting history which speaks for itself.

Global

s focus the search bar
p open profile menu
esc close an open window
? open keyboard shortcut window

On media pages

b go back (or to parent when applicable)
e go to edit page

On TV season pages

(right arrow) go to next season
(left arrow) go to previous season

On TV episode pages

(right arrow) go to next episode
(left arrow) go to previous episode

On all image pages

a open add image window

On all edit pages

t open translation selector
ctrl+ s submit form

On discussion pages

n create new discussion
w toggle watching status
p toggle public/private
c toggle close/open
a open activity
r reply to discussion
l go to last reply
ctrl+ enter submit your message
(right arrow) next page
(left arrow) previous page