Discuss The Jack Ryan Collection

Item: The Jack Ryan Collection

Language: en

Type of Problem: Incorrect_content

Extra Details: Based on how I understand Collections are suppose to work this should NOT be a collection (https://www.themoviedb.org/bible/collection#59f751209251416e71000057): "While sometimes controversial, collections are not intended to be a way of grouping movies of the same universe, person, character or theme, or imitating box sets. We recommend using lists for content not allowed as a collection."

14 replies (on page 1 of 1)

Jump to last post

While Alec Baldwin was re-cast, I don't know enough about these films to make a decision. I did remove the two clear reboots, though.

Cheers Banana, I don't believe that "The Hunt for Red October" is connected to the other two films in any way other than the actor, which I don't think is valid for a "collection" either

Based in Jack Ryan's character "The Sum of All Fears" and the "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" are out of the collecttion?

If they are a new remake or whatever they called.. they need a new collection?

"The Sum of All Fears" Ben affleck taking the character.

"Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" movie is taken for Chris Pine

Please let me know what is the position of the community about this.

Thank you!

Regards!

Collections are only for film sequels. We can't create new collections for "The Sum of All Fears" or "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit", they both are one-off films. :worried:

@banana_girl said:

Collections are only for film sequels. We can't create new collections for "The Sum of All Fears" or "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit", they both are one-off films. :worried:

I appreciate your answer, now i understand.

Thank you

@banana_girl said:

Collections are only for film sequels. We can't create new collections for "The Sum of All Fears" or "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit", they both are one-off films. :worried:

I have just one more question.

I saw the box sets made it for the studio companies, and I found a lot with the 4 movies, and none with the 3 movies. I understand your point about sequels. There's a thin line here, and is not only with this. If the studios are made it box sets with collections i think that maybe that need to be considered by the team. For example, happends similar situations with James Bond and Star Trek collections. What you think?

I found a lot with the 4 movies, and none with the 3 movies.

They are sold as individual films, two Harrison Ford films, three films, four films and five films. :shrug_tone1:

And this is the relevant part of the Bible:

While sometimes controversial, collections are not intended to be a way of grouping movies of the same universe, person, character or theme, or imitating box sets.

As I said above, I'm not 100% sure the first three adaptations should be in a collection. But I'm pretty sure "The Sum of All Fears" shouldn't be in there. It might be based on the same book series and distributed by Paramount, but the film has very little to do with the previous ones.

I really appreciate your time and clear response @banana_girl

thumbs up!

I did add The Sum of All Fears and Shadow Recruit to the collection. I admit that I didn't see this thread. After reading this thread, I realize that I have made a mistake and I have since removed them from the collection.

@hawk97135 said:

I did add The Sum of All Fears and Shadow Recruit to the collection. I admit that I didn't see this thread. After reading this thread, I realize that I have made a mistake and I have since removed them from the collection.

Thank you very much, now the collection has more sense :)

Thanks for all the great work, and good to see a healthy, friendly discussion of the issue going on here :relaxed: - a refreshing change on the internet these days!

I'm not sure why "Hunt for Red October" is part of this collection though? Can someone enlighten me as to why it might be included?

@hawk97135 Thank you!!

@Schmill Many newspaper articles published in the 90s refer to Patriot Games as a sequel to Hunt for Red October. Alec Baldwin was allegedly recast because he had a prior commitment (but some sources think the real reason was that he asked for too much money or was too difficult to work with).

https://people.com/archive/picks-and-pans-review-clear-and-present-danger-vol-42-no-7/
http://ew.com/article/1994/08/19/harrison-ford-takes-tom-clancyagain/
https://www.csmonitor.com/1992/0622/22133.html
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1992-06-12/entertainment/9202220102_1_cia-analyst-jack-ryan-patriot-games-class-act

It doesn't necessarily mean we should treat the films as sequels. But I think I need to tread carefully.

@banana_girl said:

@hawk97135 Thank you!!

@Schmill Many newspaper articles published in the 90s refer to Patriot Games as a sequel to Hunt for Red October. Alec Baldwin was allegedly recast because he had a prior commitment (but some sources think the real reason was that he asked for too much money or was too difficult to work with).

https://people.com/archive/picks-and-pans-review-clear-and-present-danger-vol-42-no-7/
http://ew.com/article/1994/08/19/harrison-ford-takes-tom-clancyagain/
https://www.csmonitor.com/1992/0622/22133.html
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1992-06-12/entertainment/9202220102_1_cia-analyst-jack-ryan-patriot-games-class-act

It doesn't necessarily mean we should treat the films as sequel. But I think I need to tread carefully.

Cheers for the explanation, I wasn't aware of that interesting fact :sunglasses:

Well, today i found that the studios are treating Jack Ryan how 5 movies Collection/Franchise and a sequel based in the spy character Tom Clancy 4K Pre-order available on amazon https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Ryan-5-Film-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B07FKPNJ8Q

In words of Chris Pine from 2014's article/interview of Collider web site, seems inside the whole project is treat how one franchise, and maybe, one new movie can be possible in the future, although the last one, was not what they are expecting. http://collider.com/chris-pine-jack-ryan-sequel/

What you think of this guys?

Have a nice day :)

Global

s focus the search bar
p open profile menu
esc close an open window
? open keyboard shortcut window

On media pages

b go back (or to parent when applicable)
e go to edit page

On TV season pages

(right arrow) go to next season
(left arrow) go to previous season

On TV episode pages

(right arrow) go to next episode
(left arrow) go to previous episode

On all image pages

a open add image window

On all edit pages

t open translation selector
ctrl+ s submit form

On discussion pages

n create new discussion
w toggle watching status
p toggle public/private
c toggle close/open
a open activity
r reply to discussion
l go to last reply
ctrl+ enter submit your message
(right arrow) next page
(left arrow) previous page